Low cost GPS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Wiggle are selling the Lezyne Macro Cycle GPS with Mapping for a penny under £50 which is a good deal, quite tempted myself:
https://www.wiggle.co.uk/lezyne-macro-cycle-gps-with-mapping/
Seems to do everything the ebay one does (and more) and Lezyne are a reputable make, although admittedly is more expensive.
If you go for the Lezyne highlighted here by @wonderloaf and add something like this for 25p to the basket, you can get £10 off using code NEWGB when you check out with a new (to Wiggle) email address. This would get you a 'name' GPS system with full warranty for £40., I know which one I'd prefer if I didn't already have a Garmin 500.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I don't think that the GPS suggested in the first post has a navigation function, in case that is important - it would be for me! The device is a Kickstarter project - see HERE for info and comments on the product. Apparently, it does support Strava etc.

NOTE You will possibly have to pay customs duty and VAT on top of the price quoted on eBay.

I'm quite tempted to look for one. @Littgull uses one for navigation on the rides we do together and he seems to have no problem navigating my routes. I still use my old Etrex but that is a bit big and clunky compared to the 200. I'm peeved that I have been unable to get course navigation to work reliably on my Edge 500, despite trying everything suggested online. If I had a 200 I would just use that for navigation and display ride data on the 500 next to it.
I have used a 200 to nav a 100 ride as long as you stick closely to the route and if you're off course you can see where you should be

wonderloaf

Veteran
If you go for the Lezyne highlighted here by @wonderloaf and add something like this for 25p to the basket, you can get £10 off using code NEWGB when you check out with a new (to Wiggle) email address. This would get you a 'name' GPS system with full warranty for £40., I know which one I'd prefer if I didn't already have a Garmin 500.
Will you please stop it! I'm a happy Garmin 200 user but Mrs W is asking what I want for Crimbo and I have managed to convince myself I don't need another GPS, but then at this price ...

Quadratica

Regular
I bought a GPS bike computer from ebay for £17. It works just fine and gives the basic info' I find useful. Picks up a signal within a minute and usb rechargeable battery lasts about 10 hour (owned 4 months).

Top Bottom