Low impact indoor aerobic exercise ideas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
beanzontoast
GregCollins said:
+1 PK99. Should be hard on knees and you can carry a tin of beans or similar in each hand to make it slightly tougher if you like.

another old favourite is skipping. very low impact, very high CV impact if you know what I mean

I'm thinking the bottom step of the small set of kitchen steps we have could be used. Has the advantage that I wouldn't be clogging the stairs for Mrs B and daughter and I can also watch the little tv / dvd in the kitchen to stop me getting bored (which I do).

Not sure about skipping again. I used to skip a few years back when I was intentionally into losing weight. Hmm... I believe I still have the weighted rope too. Got a well lit patio where this could happen without too much travel time... :blush: Skipping certainly got the heart rate going, if I recall. I used to do bunches of 50, getting about 1000 done in one session.

OP
OP
beanzontoast
GregCollins said:
+1 PK99. Should be hard on knees and you can carry a tin of beans or similar in each hand to make it slightly tougher if you like.

another old favourite is skipping. very low impact, very high CV impact if you know what I mean

I'm thinking the bottom step of the small set of kitchen steps we have could be used. Has the advantage that I wouldn't be clogging the stairs for Mrs B and daughter and I can also watch the little tv / dvd in the kitchen to stop me getting bored (which I do).

Not sure about skipping again. I used to skip a few years back when I was intentionally into losing weight. Hmm... I believe I still have the weighted rope too. Got a well lit patio where this could happen without too much travel time... xx( Skipping certainly got the heart rate going, if I recall. I used to do bunches of 50, getting about 1000 done in one session.

OP
OP
beanzontoast
GregCollins said:

Not sure about skipping again. I used to skip a few years back when I was intentionally into losing weight. Hmm... I believe I still have the weighted rope too. Got a well lit patio where this could happen without too much travel time... :ohmy: Skipping certainly got the heart rate going, if I recall. I used to do bunches of 50, getting about 1000 done in one session.

jimboalee

Do you have a Swim Spa?

They are excellent.

OP
OP
beanzontoast
jimboalee said:
Do you have a Swim Spa?

They are excellent.

Unfortunately we do not. But then, when I do win the lottery, I'll go for the big one and buy a turbo and have a room built to use it in - then I won't need the stepping or the skipping or the swim spa either! xx(

OP
OP
beanzontoast
jimboalee said:
Do you have a Swim Spa?

They are excellent.

Unfortunately we do not. But then, when I do win the lottery, I'll go for the big one and buy a turbo and have a room built to use it in - then I won't need the stepping or the skipping or the swim spa either! :evil:

OP
OP
beanzontoast
jimboalee said:
Do you have a Swim Spa?

They are excellent.

Unfortunately we do not. But then, when I do win the lottery, I'll go for the big one and buy a turbo and have a room built to use it in - then I won't need the stepping or the skipping or the swim spa either! :biggrin:

jimboalee

beanzontoast said:
Unfortunately we do not. But then, when I do win the lottery, I'll go for the big one and buy a turbo and have a room built to use it in - then I won't need the stepping or the skipping or the swim spa either! :biggrin:

So you don't have a velodrome in your garden either???

jimboalee

beanzontoast said:
Unfortunately we do not. But then, when I do win the lottery, I'll go for the big one and buy a turbo and have a room built to use it in - then I won't need the stepping or the skipping or the swim spa either! :ohmy:

jimboalee

beanzontoast said:
Unfortunately we do not. But then, when I do win the lottery, I'll go for the big one and buy a turbo and have a room built to use it in - then I won't need the stepping or the skipping or the swim spa either! :evil:

Top Bottom