Lower back pain,best riding position

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Diagnosed conditions are always a different issue, often unique as far as severity and ability.

Nobody knows anything about the OP!
That is because the OP has not replied yet. We are all trying to help out with advice without, as yet, any replies from the OP. SO s far as I am concerned your advice is either as useful or useless as the rest of us at the moment.;)

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
That is because the OP has not replied yet. We are all trying to help out with advice without, as yet, any replies from the OP. SO s far as I am concerned your advice is either as useful or useless as the rest of us at the moment.;)
So you're advising the OP in the hope that you might get it right? Instead of waiting for more information?

I at least, asked some relevant questions and have as yet refrained from offering advice.

OP
OP
D

dee gee

i ride a bianchi nirvone coast 2 coast modified,the back pain comes from lifting at work,seems i probably should work on my core but i find the excersises a bit dull

OP
OP
D

dee gee

been on and off the bike for 20 odd years now,ride around 40 miles in a session,perhaps twice a week in winter ,more in summer

OP
OP
D

dee gee

bike seat position is at right height,just thinking of raising handlebars to ease the pain,which is not caused by just the bike,can hurt sometimes by just sitting on sofa too long,but yes stretching does help,hence the hill climbing on bike doesnt bother me cause i spend my time stood up chris horner style

i ride a bianchi nirvone coast 2 coast modified,the back pain comes from lifting at work,seems i probably should work on my core but i find the exercises a bit dull
I agree with you entirely. I am in the building trade which exacerbates my pain (originally caused by playing hockey to a high standard). In the past (many years ago) I worked on my core and it certainly helped. The last ten years though, with work and family commitments (and not playing competitive hockey) has left my back muscles strong, but my stomach weak. I now suffer when putting my core under strain on the bike. Bizarrely someone bought me a Homedics back massager (I thought it would be rubbish), but it does help to loosen the back muscles and ease the pain a bit. Hope this helps, I am sure one of the above posters will be along to offer better advice.

OP
OP
D

dee gee

yeah my back pain originates from plastering,might try one of those homedics back massagers tho thx

michaelcycle

Bizarrely someone bought me a Homedics back massager (I thought it would be rubbish), but it does help to loosen the back muscles and ease the pain a bit.

Myofascial release - it's why many people nowadays use foam rollers as a cheap form of massage ;)

Re: the OP he needs some better manual handling training and well, to strengthen his core. The exercises may be dull but it sure beats back pain...

morville78

Regular
As previous posters have already suggested, it could be as simple as lowering your seat. I've had similar problems and lowering my seat by 5mm (that was all that was needed) made all the difference.

Top Bottom