Lowest Heart Rate?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sam Kennedy

I was just wondering what your lowest heart rate you have ever had was?
This morning I measured mine at 41bpm, I was trying to concentrate really heard to get it to below 40, but I couldn't :blush:

Chrisz

Über Member
31bpm :biggrin:

I was much younger then (and a helluva lot fitter) and was using beta blockers to keep my HR down for a shooting competition :blush:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
34 bpm. The first HRM that I owned had a minimum reading of 40 bpm so I could never find out what my actual lowest was - the reading was always 40 bpm whenever I checked it.

That was lying down in bed by the way. Even sitting up made a few beats difference.

When I got the new HRM it revealed that my resting rate was usually about 36 bpm but if I really relaxed and cleared my mind, I could lower it by a few more beats.

When I was tired or getting ill it would be much higher, say 50 bpm.

gavintc

Guru
Hospital staff are often a little concerned with an athletic heart rate. I broke my collar bone recently and the nurses asked me on a number of occasions whether I had a low heart rate.

I am Spartacus

Über Member
Interesting to note that the fella that went into the Yukon wilds to experience survival used HR. When it started to plummet to worry enough to call off the experience as it is a sign that the body is closing down.

Chrisz

Über Member
:biggrin::whistle:

Not so many months ago, I decided to get myself MOTed, all was well as far a as I knew, but as the nurse was doing all the usual checks she, looked pussled, went to see the Doc, who come back, did the recheck, then told me I was either was a very fit guy, or Dead:-) seems my heart rate was ticking over at about 38.. which for a guy in his late 60's is not bad.
I have since bought of of those Heart momiters thingies, but the lowest I get a reading on it averages about 44 resting and 75-90 cycling topping out at about 115 on some
Hills around the north and South downs

Top Bottom