Lubricant types...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi All..

So, I've always thought and conformed to: Wet lube in the winter/rainy periods and Dry lube in the summer; this has always seemed to serve me well. However, I've seen articles recently stating the reverse and all sorts.

What do you use? Wet lube/Dry lube/summer/winter?

Much appreciated.
C

Kies

Wet lube all year round. Attracts more grit and fine sand,but i clean the chain regularly.

OP
OP
C

Chescadence

Thanks for all the great responses; definitely some food for thought, I shall experiment with some of your suggestions!!!

C

andsaw

I'm using SAE80 Transmission oil at the moment and i love it, it lasts for ages on the chain, doesn't get too dirty and found it makes the chain very quiet. Don't like the dry lube and don't last long and have to apply very often making it expensive.

Paul.G.

Just a bloke on a bike!
Dry lube all year round for me too, yes it washes off easy in wet but no more gunk on the chain, little and often is the best advice I was given.

HovR

Über Member
Another vote for 'dry all year round'. I tried some Finish Line Wet recently, it lasts a little bit longer, but there's so much black oily gunk after a ride or two!

OP
OP
C

Chescadence

Thanks for all the responses; much appreciated! Think i'm going to stick to dry for a while, it works great in the summer but always conformed to the wet convention in winter..probably blindly.

Always good to hear experiences of others.

C

Top Bottom