Lubricant types...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
C

Chescadence

p.s I know there's another on going thread about lube recommendations but they're generally wet lubricant recommendations hence the above post.

C

wisdom

Guru
Does anyone use fenwicks stealth.i fancy trying it as their wet lube is very good,with the crap weather we have had of late,its held very well.
Its a fairly local firm so i would like to support them,they have quite a range.

GlenBen

Über Member
I have a friend who swears by rock n roll dry lube. Never see it mentioned on here though.

lulubel

Über Member
Dry all year round for me (but I do live somewhere that it rarely rains - when I lived in Cornwall, I used wet all year round).

I've tried the Shimano one that satnav likes, but didn't get on with it. (I even tried it twice to make sure!) It's a bit too thin for my liking. The one I prefer is a Spanish make, I think. It's the one the (decent) lbs in town uses, and it's about half the price of the Shimano one for twice as much.

Dry all year round for me (but I do live somewhere that it rarely rains - when I lived in Cornwall, I used wet all year round).

I've tried the Shimano one that satnav likes, but didn't get on with it. (I even tried it twice to make sure!) It's a bit too thin for my liking. The one I prefer is a Spanish make, I think. It's the one the (decent) lbs in town uses, and it's about half the price of the Shimano one for twice as much.
hey - do you want to send me some? about to run out of my current bottle (can't complain since it is 12 months old and do quite a lot of use) .. thinking of trying chain saw oil next... £4 a liter sounds attractive ^_^....

lulubel

Über Member
hey - do you want to send me some? about to run out of my current bottle (can't complain since it is 12 months old and do quite a lot of use) .. thinking of trying chain saw oil next... £4 a liter sounds attractive ^_^....

I'd try the chainsaw oil. Spanish overseas postage rates are extortionate. By the time I'd posted it to you, it would probably cost twice as much as the Shimano!

Top Bottom