Lubricant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simba

Specialized Allez 24 Rider
Can anyone recommend a good lub for chains, cranks etc that is easy to apply and does the job properly. I currently use the one from Halfords, the lub itself is good but I have to pour it into a cup and apply by a small brush.

buddha

Veteran
Finish Line Wet for rain. I got the 3 bottle bundle almost 3 years ago and still haven't run out!

For dry weather on my bestest road bike I've settled for Prolink Gold. Still on the same bottle after almost a year.

tyred

Legendary Member
Engine oil. Cheaply and easily available. You can apply to each link of the chain using a flat screwdriver dipped in oil as a "dropper."

PpPete

Legendary Member
I used to use Finish Line Wet.
Then the price shot up from 4.99 to 7.99 around the time I was thinking of new bottle. So I tried Halfords own dry lube which was cr@p.

Now on ProLink Gold. Very smooth & quiet drive chain. Seems to pick up less gunge that the Finish Line Wet. The pen applicator is an excellent idea, as you can get precisely one drop on each link.

giant man

Glad to see a lube thread without the usual WD40/GT85 debacle!

The recommendations of Finish Line cross country and ProLink Gold are exactly what I would recommend .....

Cubist

Still wavin'
giant man said:
Glad to see a lube thread without the usual WD40/GT85 debacle!

That's because the OP asked about chain lubes, and neither of those are suitable, and only one of them's a lube. :smile:

l4dva

Guru
This may be a daft question but dose that lube pen come already filled with some lube in it?

Do you use it anywhere else other than the chain as well??

Top Bottom