Lubricating Sturmey Archer gears

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MartinC

Über Member
Rather uncalled for.
Other people have an opinion too. If it differs from yours plese by all means post your point of view in a more adult sensible attitude.

On this part of the forum people are looking for information - know how. Posting opinions, sometimes dressed up as fact, is unhelpful and impolite. The posts you're complaining about might have been blunt but are valuable. Posting ill-informed opinions, prejudices and fabricated stories should be discouraged here.

Fiona N

Veteran
[QUOTE 1138376"]
I've had woeful advice on many occasions from LBSs over the years. Even those who I would trust me with my bike have spoken the odd nonsense. It's one of those things I've never understood -that if LBS staff don't like something they'll say what they like about it.
[/quote]

I totally agree (pace MartinC - for adding opinion instead of facts). Like a local bikeshop which swopped components onto my new frame for me but because I needed different (short drop) brakes for the new frame added Tektro ones because 'they're at least as good as Shimano' - bollocks to this I would say :biggrin:

Cycle power

On this part of the forum people are looking for information - know how. Posting opinions, sometimes dressed up as fact, is unhelpful and impolite. The posts you're complaining about might have been blunt but are valuable. Posting ill-informed opinions, prejudices and fabricated stories should be discouraged here.

There are other ways to disagree with another posters opinions without resorting to swearing. To me it's water off a ducks back it just shows the immaturity of people.

Who is to say i was posting an opinion dressed up as fact. and the other poster who resorted to ignorance because he or she disagreed is right.

But that is all i have to say on the subject without getting into a war of words over an Internet forum topic. For God's sake some people realy need to chill out and go for a long ride.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
There are other ways to disagree with another posters opinions without resorting to swearing. To me it's water off a ducks back it just shows the immaturity of people.

Who is to say i was posting an opinion dressed up as fact. and the other poster who resorted to ignorance because he or she disagreed is right.

But that is all i have to say on the subject without getting into a war of words over an Internet forum topic. For God's sake some people realy need to chill out and go for a long ride.

BOLLOCKS!!!! :laugh:

hubgearfreak

Über Member
i'm staying polite. you're right, there's no need for rudeness.

Who is to say i was posting an opinion dressed up as fact.

what you said was neither opinion or fact. it was plain and simple just wrong. rumours via chinese whispers, but wrong none the less.

now, please go back to your lbs and ask him what on earth is he on about?

Top Bottom