Lump removed from top of leg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have just had minor surgery to remove a lump from the top of my thigh, an inch incision and about 8 stiches internal and external, the Dr who did the opp said leave it a few day before I could ride again ,is this about right or should I leave it longer , anybody had similar

Cheers

Sharky

Guru
Can't really advise on your case, but when I've broken bones, I've started very slowly on an indoor turbo with very short sessions (5 mins) and gradually built up.

Wishing you a speedy recovery

vickster

Legendary Member
I’d maybe wait until the stitches are removed...or follow what the Dr says depending on how it feels (presumably it has a good waterproof surgical dressing over the top)

midlife

Guru
In general after 5 days the skin has joined together enough so as not to burst open due to skin tension (Langers lines and all that) . After 7 days it doesn't matter if the stitches feel loose or fall out so you can move as normal just don't bash it. After 3 weeks you are effectively all back to normal. :smile:

the stupid one

Über Member
I was a bit horrified to misread the thread title as Lung removed from top of the leg. I couldn't imagine the severity of that RTA.

Why question what the doctor advised? Do that. If it's uncomfortable then wait a bit longer. I hope your recovery is speedy and complete.

OP
OP
Freelanderuk

Freelanderuk

Über Member
There was a lump under the skin ,don't know how long it had been there as only found it after I had lost all my weight, had an ultrasound to see what it was attached to and luckily bit was not on the muscle, had surgery last night and it was removed and sent for biopsy, I was told not to worry as it looked like a fatty grissle lump

JhnBssll

Veteran
I had minor surgery to remove a lump from my lower leg 3 weeks ago tomorrow. I had the stitches out last Tuesday and started cycling again the next morning. Mine has all but healed already, really pleased with the outcome :okay: I was told to wait for the stitches to come out as mine was near the knee in a tight skin area. Didn't want to risk busting the stitches and it taking longer to heal.

Top Bottom