Lusso

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drunkenjoiner

Happy New Year everyone.
I am very interested in some Lusso cycle wear. Primarily as it is UK made (support british manufacturing) but also lots of it receives very good reviews.
How does this stuff fit please? As we all no most major cycle wear brands come up a little small and you generally need to order at least one size up.
What about Lusso please?
Kind regards
DJ

Stompier

Lusso is good kit - I've had a lot of it over the years. Fit is a very individual thing though, so difficult to comment. I've never felt the need to order a size up. If you're a medium, then order a medium. There are probably sizing guides on the website too.

OP
OP
Drunkenjoiner

Drunkenjoiner

Lusso is good kit - I've had a lot of it over the years. Fit is a very individual thing though, so difficult to comment. I've never felt the need to order a size up. If you're a medium, then order a medium. There are probably sizing guides on the website too.
Thanks. When I wear any normal clothes I am generally a large but with cycle jerseys I find I always need XL. I have had a look at the size guide on the web site but to be fair would you use Castelli size guide? ^_^^_^
I suppose I am just looking for real world advice especially from people such as your self that has bought and wore Lusso kit.
Kind regards
DJ

Stompier

Thanks. When I wear any normal clothes I am generally a large but with cycle jerseys I find I always need XL. I have had a look at the size guide on the web site but to be fair would you use Castelli size guide? ^_^^_^
I suppose I am just looking for real world advice especially from people such as your self that has bought and wore Lusso kit.
Kind regards
DJ
Again, it will depend on your preferred fit. My preference is for a close fit. Others prefer a more looser fitting top, so there's not going to be an easy answer.

Kind regards
DJ
I'd be very wary of using anything Italian as a size guide to anything for a Brit.
I see myself as M/L but have Italian bibs that are snug at XL and a top that may even be XXL.
The psychology behind this Italian stuff sizing for Italians remains a mystery to me.
Probably best not explored.

OP
OP
Drunkenjoiner

Drunkenjoiner

Again, it will depend on your preferred fit. My preference is for a close fit. Others prefer a more looser fitting top, so there's not going to be an easy answer.

Yeah fair point.
I generally prefer the "relaxed" fit as my body is not really AERO in the first place.
Thanks for your answers.
Kind regards
DJ

Stompier

Yeah fair point.
I generally prefer the "relaxed" fit as my body is not really AERO in the first place.
Thanks for your answers.
Kind regards
DJ

The guys at Lusso are pretty helpful, probably worth giving them a call as I'm sure they'd be able to advise.

Have a light lusso jacket but no lycra bottoms of any sort.
They do come highly recommended by a fair few folk on here so tempted.
Are they ever sold discounted?
If so good places?

Stompier

There used to be some cheap Lusso outlets on Ebay, but the brand seems to have gone somewhat upmarket in the last year or two, as well as having an expanded range. The prices are also now higher than they traditionally have been, so while the kit is still good, the 'VFM factor' is probably not as high these days.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Lusso clothing is in an anonymous little factory about 200 yards from where I work in Manchester. Everything is made from scratch right there so you are supporting a good little firm including about 15 workers.

Lusso sizing is realistic and British, not Italian Racing Snake so order your usual sizes. Their quality is first class.

Last edited:
Top Bottom