Lusso

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Rover

Guru
They’ll let you go to the factory to try before buying if you ring them. They don’t have a fitting room so I used the ladies loo! I was only after some bib shorts but the owner spent quite a bit of time with me explaining the manufacturing process and generally chewing the fat.

Even got a decent discount as well.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Lusso is great stuff. Sizing is as for a British person, in fact I can size down on the lowers (I think I once started a thread "in praise of the Lusso diet"). I didn't know about visiting their outlet, sounds like a good plan, if you're not far away.

Globalti

Legendary Member
It's a small manufacturing unit not an outlet; they manufacture to order and hardly hold any stocks at all at the factory, which is how a well-run business ought to be. If you want to go, best to ring and speak with the receptionist/secretary/shipper first as she's extremely busy and may not even have the garment you want to try. If you get lucky and the owner is there you'll be able to have a natter with him as he's an all-round good bloke.

Stompier

It's a small manufacturing unit not an outlet; they manufacture to order and hardly hold any stocks at all at the factory, which is how a well-run business ought to be. If you want to go, best to ring and speak with the receptionist/secretary/shipper first as she's extremely busy and may not even have the garment you want to try. If you get lucky and the owner is there you'll be able to have a natter with him as he's an all-round good bloke.
Presumably they manufacture in batches, ie bib shorts one day, jackets the next, and so on?

Globalti

Legendary Member
From what I've seen most of what they do is fire-fighting! I've strolled down there a few times at lunch time and got the distinct impression that the secretary didn't really appreciate my visits as she is so overwhelmed with work. She's always given me a decent discount but I don't like to take advantage of her good nature.

Last edited:

Dan Lotus

I've never tried their jerseys, but for me, their bib shorts are pretty much a size up from the Castelli \ Ale \ Rapha equivalent.
ie a Small in Lusso is equal to Medium in those other makes. I appreciate different models may be cut differently, but my only experience is with the DRS short.

vickster

Legendary Member
Disappointingly small women’s range (size of range, not women)

Dan Lotus

Disappointingly small women’s range (size of range, not women)

That's true - Galibier might be worth a look too, though having just done so, on first glance they only have two female specific models to choose from.

I read recently, on another forum, that some women simply use mens shorts - I guess as long as the pad is not too much the wrong size \ padding, then the rest of the garment is super stretchy to accommodate different body shapes.

vickster

Legendary Member
That's true - Galibier might be worth a look too, though having just done so, on first glance they only have two female specific models to choose from.

I read recently, on another forum, that some women simply use mens shorts - I guess as long as the pad is not too much the wrong size \ padding, then the rest of the garment is super stretchy to accommodate different body shapes.
I’ll only use women’s padded garments, it’s hard enough finding those to fit, let alone trial and error with men’s too
Women’s clothes are also a different shape to account for waist, pelvic, hip differences. It might be different for petite /slim women but not for those of us who are pear/apple shaped

Stompier

I’ll only use women’s padded garments, it’s hard enough finding those to fit, let alone trial and error with men’s too
Women’s clothes are also a different shape to account for waist, pelvic, hip differences. It might be different for petite /slim women but not for those of us who are pear/apple shaped

Not sure if you've had a look at Primal's kit? - https://www.primaleurope.com/

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
There used to be some cheap Lusso outlets on Ebay, but the brand seems to have gone somewhat upmarket in the last year or two, as well as having an expanded range. The prices are also now higher than they traditionally have been, so while the kit is still good, the 'VFM factor' is probably not as high these days.
I've noticed the same. Used to be among the cheapest you could get (which is why I bought it!) but now it's quite pricey. As I commute daily, I need a lot of pairs of shorts and £10 is about my limit per pair. I do wear moderately better ones for longer rides, just for better padding, but I've never found that the expensive stuff lasts better.

Top Bottom