Luxury Bangernomics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
Just looking at Autotrader for no real reason , and came across this beauty

My uncle who was a Headmaster at a private school, very comfortable money wise, always bought big old Hondas that last one he had before he died was an estate, a massive bit of kit, I never understood the attraction but he loved them.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201801202929719?make=HONDA&postcode=nn85bz&price-to=1500&radius=15&price-from=500&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&sort=distance&advertising-location=at_cars&page=1

ok loads of 5 series , big Citroens , Peugoets and other more main stream motors but nothing like this one , slap a private reg on it sort the blemish on the rear bumper and hey presto one cheap limo

You could do a lot worse for a grand - looks like a grey import though with that rear fog light. Mind you, when that noisy ABS pump packs up...

D

Deleted member 1258

My son's on his second old Honda Civic, both of them lovely motors that go well, both with more miles on the clock than the enterprise, he was most upset when someone drove into his first one whilst it was parked outside his flat.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Looks tempting. You will probably get £150 from the scrapyard when it dies, so it's pretty cheap, as long as you euthanase it when things start to go wrong. I think that VED might be a bit steep, but that's the price you pay for big motor driving.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I bought a y reg saab 95 with 70000 miles on the clock for £2.5k as a stopgap. 10 years on and another 70000 miles I still have it, albeit spent another £2k last year on a new engine. I reckon it's cost me maybe £750 per year on average inlcuding tyres and purchase price.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
English needs a word to describe the disappointment to discover a thread titled "Luxury Bangernomics" is not about sausages.
Oh alright. Just for you @jefmcg.....
Ramsay-of-Carluke-Award-winning-sausages.jpg

Tin Pot

Guru

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201801202929719?make=HONDA&postcode=nn85bz&price-to=1500&radius=15&price-from=500&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&sort=distance&advertising-location=at_cars&page=1

ok loads of 5 series , big Citroens , Peugoets and other more main stream motors but nothing like this one , slap a private reg on it sort the blemish on the rear bumper and hey presto one cheap limo

In what decade is Honda making luxury cars?

Top Bottom