Lycra ban in NZ

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rualexander

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4238410, member: 259"]Well, that's Rangoria off my holiday bucket list, so there's just Skegness and Chechnya to cross off.[/QUOTE]
That's no great loss, Rangiora is a small, nondescript, satellite town of Christchurch with no reason to visit it.

e-rider

crappy member
the problem is the ever decreasing size of the chamois pad - in the 1980s and 1990s the pad would 'hide' 80% of your junk, but since the 2000s the pad has shrunk year on year and now 80% of your junk hides behind just a very thin piece of lycra for all to see. Bring back larger pads.

Last edited:

ayceejay

Guru
I have just seen some old ladies complaining that Poldark will no longer allow semi clad actors and it got me thinking that it is the word 'clad' that should be banned.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I've been to few sacred sites in hot climates when wearing baggy long shorts. The keepers hand you a sarong to cover your legs and the rest. It was the same at the Temple of The Tooth in Kandy, and a shrine in Tuscany.
If sweat's a problem, maybe the cafe could incorporate some kind of nappy into the wrap.

mick1836

Über Member
Why would you want to ban >>>>>
colombia-women-s-cycling.jpg

In the backside?
Depends where I wrap it.

[QUOTE 4238410, member: 259"]Well, that's Rangoria off my holiday bucket list, so there's just Skegness and Chechnya to cross off.[/QUOTE]

Is Jaywick still on the list?

Lonestar

Veteran
[QUOTE 4238870, member: 259"]I've done Clacton, so Jaywick's kind of ticked off as well.[/QUOTE]

I thought that said Clarkson for a minute...I really must get my eyes tested.:whistle:

These types already think they own the roads and pavements. To hear them harp on, you’d think they’d invented physical exercise. The ones who go on mountain rides are the worst, returning radiating such an evangelical smug glow that you would think that Moses himself had descended on to the cycling path to hand over the Ten Commandments.

So yes, some cyclists can be annoying. However, who cares if they sit their sweaty bottoms down in restaurants – and who’s staring so hard at the front anyway? Those shorts are usually padded at the back (to prevent chafing) and, teamed with the helmets, day-glo tops and clunky pedal shoes, they make wearers resemble giant deformed insects.

So if someone is choosing to ignore all that, to gawp at the front bulge instead, this may say more about them than it does about cyclists.

http://www.theguardian.com/commenti...nalism-articles-online-abuse?CMP=share_btn_tw

fimm

Veteran
What I don't understand, is why it is so shocking that a man has a penis and testicles, and, if he wears tighter clothing, this is more apparent. I mean, what's all this disgust about male genitals? It is no more unpleasant than the fact that I have breasts and a vagina.

Top Bottom