'Lycra clad louts'. You can say that! (Daily Mail was misreporting)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
So the media are making stuff up about stuff thats been made up. All jolly confusing.

Crazy of course, but no crazier than the actual law. Under section 154 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994,
A person is guilty of an offence if, with intent to cause a person harassment, alarm or distress, he—
(a)uses threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour, or
(b)displays any writing, sign or other visible representation which is threatening, abusive or insulting,
thereby causing that or another person harassment, alarm or distress.
A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable on summary conviction to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 6 months or a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale or both.

Strictly interpreted, it's easy to see how calling somebody a "lycra lout" could be a criminal offence - insulting words, intended to cause, and causing, harassment.

Thankfully this appallingly badly drafted piece of legislation is widely ignored. Which is just as well, or half of us would be in prison for posts we have submitted to the News and Current Affairs forum.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Like the whinging cry babies, that cry about people spending money on bikes and their hobbies you mean............

Try learning the difference between crying about something and ridiculing it. I don't care if idiots with more money than sense blow it all on marketing hype cycling stuff. I shall continue to riducule it and have a good laugh at the stupidity though, whether they like it or not.

bladesman73

Über Member
Try learning the difference between crying about something and ridiculing it. I don't care if idiots with more money than sense blow it all on marketing hype cycling stuff. I shall continue to riducule it and have a good laugh at the stupidity though, whether they like it or not.
Nah, I'd say your type are crying about people who choose to wear clothing you don't like and that you are indeed a 'snowflake'. Plus you care enough about people blowing their money on 'marketing hype cycling stuff' to cry about it on here.

Last edited:

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
Lager/Lycra? Lighten up guys:laugh:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
No, you cry about it at every oppurtunity........its your MO

Top Bottom