M.O.T. roulette - place your bets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
The (t)rusty 2008 of awesome economyness goes in for its M.O.T. and service on Monday.

It's slightly irksome as my new Dacia Jogger HEV is on order and the 2008 has been agreed as a trade in. Nevertheless, I need to keep using the 2008 in the meantime so I have little choice but to MOT and service it.

Anyhoo, time for the traditional MOT wagers. Will it pass or fail? What advisories will it earn? How many fifties will I need to leave on a plain envelope on the drivers seat? Place your bets.

Winner gets to walk Accy's dog for a week. Loser gets to have afternoon tea with Accy.

Jameshow

Veteran
Fail...
Rust around the suspension mountings..
Large oil leak.
CV joint boots missing and joints dry
Emissions too high..

Oh sorry that's my transit!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Pass.

Saying that as the 2010 Aygo is in the MOT bay as we speak ! Week overdue and it's been parked up on the drive as the garage are very busy. Booked about a month ago !

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1258

I've had the reminder from the garage that my little swift is due for its MOT and service.

gbb

Legendary Member
The inevitable 'corrosion on brake lines'
Which inevitably means they are dirty and no more

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Well, I've put a dose of Redex snake oil in the tank and over the next few days will give it the olde diesel Italian tune up. The brakes were new all round when I bought the car 4000 miles ago, so if it does fail it'll be on something a little left-field I reckon.

Top Bottom