M.O.T. roulette - place your bets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Aygo failed on corroded front suspension shock absorber. Garage very busy so Ive bought a replacement for £50 and my son will fit it this weekend, as garage can't do it for three weeks. I then just need to ring them when fixed, and pop the car down and pick up the MOT certificate.

Gunk

Guru
Mine passed on Tuesday, no advisories, the previous 4 cars all failed (BMW main dealer)

IMG_2053.jpeg

I've got that joy to look forward to in November (a MOT) I suspect my 2008 Yaris will fail on corroded suspension too. It usually fails on wipers because of lack of use I think or maybe because the car park at the flat is tree lined Something was mentioned as corroded when I had a so called free health check when they replaced the alternator earlier this year.

Gwylan

Veteran
It will fail due an insecurely mounted furry dice.

Nah! The inspector removes them since they obstruct the drivers field of view.

CXRAndy

Guru
I've got that joy to look forward to in November (a MOT) I suspect my 2008 Yaris will fail on corroded suspension too. It usually fails on wipers because of lack of use I think or maybe because the car park at the flat is tree lined Something was mentioned as corroded when I had a so called free health check when they replaced the alternator earlier this year.

I don't like MOT during the winter months. It makes doing any remedial work, cold, wet and dirty.

I would pay to do another Mot for the summer months. The extra cost is easily offset by doing the work yourself

Gunk

Guru
I don't like MOT during the winter months. It makes doing any remedial work, cold, wet and dirty.

I would pay to do another Mot for the summer months. The extra cost is easily offset by doing the work yourself

I laid up my motorcycle for a couple of months so the MOT was moved from December to April.

Top Bottom