M.O.T. roulette - place your bets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Little Swift passed with advisories for slight cracking on the rear tyres.

You are my brother from another mother!

CXRAndy

Guru
Totally unscrupulous MOT testers are sending death traps onto the roads

I watch a few mechanics YT channels. One guy who is dead honest and refuses to conduct inspections on vehicles, he knows the driver could go down to the next town and get it passed with rotted out frames, non existent brakes, emissions failed. He's not legally allowed under state law to 'rat' out these 'rotten apple' inspection shops

Bristolian

My Series 2 Discovery (2000MY) sailed through the MOT today with no advisories; but then again I knew it would as I've only just completed a ground up restoration with new zinc plated chassis ^_^ The restoration has cost almost as much as the car when I bought it new :angry:

The 2009 C220 Mercedes is booked in for Tuesday and I'm not sure it will pass. I'm not aware of any reason for it to fail but they've found something wrong every year so far. On the other hand, MOT, service, insurance, fuel and tyres are the only thing its cost me in the past seven years so mustn't complain (too much).

Jameshow

Veteran
My son brought a Suzuki swift with a decent MOT which was a death trap according to our local garage px for a mini cooper s. I'll try and find pics

Screenshot_20231021-222118.png

Screenshot_20231021-222024.png

Last edited:

Jameshow

Veteran
Mini cooper 01 in for MOT

Needs front discs and pads
2 brake pipes
Couple of link arms
Adjustment to hand brake.

Guess the price!!!

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
£412.65

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
2012 Honda Jazz. 60k miles. MOT passed recently with a couple of minor advisories (slight play in a balljoint or two).

Top Bottom