M.O.T. watch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
You been stalking me Brandane? I have a hard enough time keeping the keys out of Mrs D's reach - if it were pink I'd never get to drive it again!

Wipers aren't a fortnight old, and the screen is clean and grease free so that should be an issue.

DC Lanes guess is possible, and £350 wouldn't make me cry too much. However, Slowmotions guess of a pass is quite pleasing.

12 hours and 5 minutes to go. Gulp!

postman

Legendary Member
We have a local garage,that is owned by two brothers,Ernst and Hansie.They will never carry out work that does not need doing,they will also do little jobs and not charge,so i once left a £5 for tea sugar and milk.They really like German cars,so when ours was due for it's MOT it passed with flying colours but he advised me to look out for a couple of these for next time.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1jHrOrnFZrTQ8cWjTK7MPsDDwW2uKCvov-5T4V4OjSKoptNzb8w.jpg
I asked what are they,vindscreen vipers he replied.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I once took my first car, fiesta, to local garage for MOT. Went back an hour later and was told by woman behind counter it had failed and it was sat on forecourt with keys if I wanted to take to have the work done at home.
I drove it off and as I approached traffic lights at main road I touched the brakes for red light. Nothing there. Pumped them and still nothing. Had to jam handbrake on to stop.
Took it steady the 1/4 mile to home. Pulled into drive and saw trail of brake fluid up the road.
Mechanic had fractured brake pipe but they never told.
I've always checked fail tickets since or had work done there.
I never went back to that garage ever again. Leaving on the forecourt with keys in anyone could have nicked to joyride and killed folks.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Windscreen wipers fluid. Make sure it is topped up as it would be a failure.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Aye Mr Roche, lights, levels, tyres, seatbelts and horn all checked. The car is completely rust free, so no worries there - I think it was a summer use only machine until I bought it, possibly because it's a cabrio.

*sucks teeth*
It's your combobulator mate, it's become discombobulated.
That'll cost you, tell you what since you're a diamond geezer I'll do it mate's rates, let's call it an even monkey

Top Bottom