Mac users question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtwin

I'm using a non-Mac keyboard with my G3 this morning. It doesn't therefore have an "open CD tray" key.

Anyone know where there's a command/shortcut to do this??

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Reboot with the mouse button (if you've got a mouse) held down.

Edit: that's assuming you haven't dragged the disc icon to the trash already - again, mouse operation!

Last resort - scream 'you bastard' at it - doesn't get the disc out but it sure feels good!

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
The problem with the tea-anointed one is that if you plug it in, it just does a lot of backspaces. It would have the eject CD button though!

We had to buy another keyboard after the tea incident, upon which I am now typing. The new Mac keyboards are brill ;)

Bokonon

Über Member
F12 should behave as the eject key.

Otherwise, if using a PC keyboard, click to select the CD on the desktop and press the Windows key and E, or select Eject from the file menu.

If you have a two (or more) button mouse, right-click on the CD and select Eject. If you have a single button mouse, ctrl-click the CD and select Eject.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Although that only works if you already have a CD in the drawer. If the CD drawer is empty then he'll have to try another route (your F12 hint is good, although on my keyboard F12 is volume up).

red_tom

Eject from within Itunes.

or

In the Finder, Choose View > Customize Toolbar. In the window that appears, drag the Eject button to the toolbar, then click Done. Select the disc you want to eject in the Finder window, then click the Eject button in the toolbar.

or

Bring up a shell and type eject. (terminal within utilities)

Does F12 work if you keep it held down?

OP
OP
B

Bigtwin

Ah-ha!

F12 is dashboard normally, but if you press and hold it, it works the coffee-holder, errm, I mean, CD tray.

Cheers all.

Top Bottom