Mad Men

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Personally, I think Joan (Christina Hendricks' character) is slightly over curvaceous, but I wouldn't say no. She's a good example of a character you generally admire and root for, but who is sometimes a right bitch. I was reading some article where she said she spoke to the director, because she was concerned that Joan was behaving in a bitchy way to another character. The director told her she wasn't being bitchy, the other character was being a bit of a prat. I thought that was interesting, because she was being a bitch, but the character probably thought she wasn't. It was also interesting because the actress was identifying with her character.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
imeldamay.jpg
Personally, I think Joan (Christina Hendricks' character) is slightly over curvaceous ...etc

I have a penchant for 1950s shaped women... like Imelda May, for example...

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Of the three main female characters, Joan, Betty and Peggy, I most fancy Peggy, who is neither as nubile as Joan nor as gorgeous as Betty. Betty is a Hitchcockian blonde if ever there was one. She's another 'complex' character.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I didn't think series 4 was as good as the others. Apart from the losing lucky strike thread and Faye Miller I thought there wasn't really much there. It was a shame Lane Pryce got written out of much of the series despite a couple of good episodes.

Top Bottom