Mad Men

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Squire
Location
Bury St Edmunds
Personally, I think Joan (Christina Hendricks' character) is slightly over curvaceous, but I wouldn't say no. She's a good example of a character you generally admire and root for, but who is sometimes a right bitch. I was reading some article where she said she spoke to the director, because she was concerned that Joan was behaving in a bitchy way to another character. The director told her she wasn't being bitchy, the other character was being a bit of a prat. I thought that was interesting, because she was being a bitch, but the character probably thought she wasn't. It was also interesting because the actress was identifying with her character.
 

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Location
Thumberland
imeldamay.jpg
Personally, I think Joan (Christina Hendricks' character) is slightly over curvaceous ...etc

I have a penchant for 1950s shaped women... like Imelda May, for example...
 
OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Squire
Location
Bury St Edmunds
Of the three main female characters, Joan, Betty and Peggy, I most fancy Peggy, who is neither as nubile as Joan nor as gorgeous as Betty. Betty is a Hitchcockian blonde if ever there was one. She's another 'complex' character.
 

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Location
Logopolis
I didn't think series 4 was as good as the others. Apart from the losing lucky strike thread and Faye Miller I thought there wasn't really much there. It was a shame Lane Pryce got written out of much of the series despite a couple of good episodes.
 
Top Bottom