Made me wonder if this was a minor sucess

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Bit of a slog this one so bear with me (or read the last 3 paragraphs)

Today was a horrible day. Bad mood on my part due to work going pear shape, but compounded by a couple of pillocks who saw fit to drive around me like I'm some kind of pondlife. Cut up for a traffic island despite going primary, then later turning right in filterlane become aware of a driver on my left suddenly veering right across me, but its ok, he had his indicators on. He then nearly ploughs into a ped crossing the road. I loose my s*** and give him the "coffee shaker" hand signal and say a few choice words. Havent done those kinds of hand signals and I aint proud.

Get into work. Complete joke of a department, workforce is being halved over the next few days and our work load doubled. We're expected to take it. I set off home, knackered and depressed.

A couple of jokers again on the roads, but the king of jokers goes to the driver that shot out of St Marys on to my road leaving me less than 5 feet to scrub 20mph+. I call out that he's an imbecile, he then drives at 10mph up to the speed bumps and hammers on the brakes before every one. Whether he's just crap at driving or trying to make me crash I have no idea so keep my distance.

Seems this joker is heading my way and I end up behind him all the way to the Basepoint center where he parks up on the road outside it. I "mentioned" in his window that perhaps it wasnt worth cutting me up for 2 seconds advantage. Moron.

Around the corner, and a parked car on the cyclepath. I get off and walk, then rejoin on the cyclelane and realise my mother is walking over the bridge. I decided to get off and walk next to her for a bit, maybe it would calm me down a bit. But up ahead is a fella, about 45, riding a BSO on the pavement towards us.

My mother says out loud: "I aint moving for him, he should know better!" And tbh it did make me laugh to see this chubby bloke try and squeeze past her. :becool: I said "You are letting the side down mate, when theres a lane over there!" Just frustration I guess, but despite a scowl he crossed the road and joined the lane.

:rolleyes: Funny end to the day.

Im just knackered...the return commutes are the worst...

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
gaz said:
bike shaped object.

Yep. Although maybe it should be "Brings the S*** Out" :becool: I told off another cyclist monday morning I think. Riding down the cyclepath outside the army surplus towards west quay shopping precinct's waterstones theres a gate/rail ahead. I get within spitting distance and hear skidding behind me, all of a sudden a guy appears to my right and swerves through the gap.

I go, in shock, "kinhellmate!! Slow down" and he gives me the evils.

I told a cyclist off for undertaking me...although he did it he still didn't get past the bus...Well not straight away anyway..

Top Bottom