Madison Revell Mixte

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Here it is.
Not sure I like the bars that way now...oh well.

All uphill

Still rolling along
View attachment 549174

Here it is.
Not sure I like the bars that way now...oh well.
Agree with you on the bars.

That's going to be a lovely bike when you've finished it!

Ok, today was jammed garage door and Pug stripping day. Garage door was not too much of a problem, in that it's going to be replaced. The Pug, though...where do I start?
Saddle/seatpost, no issue. Bars/stem, easy peasy. Front brake, good. Rear brake. Not coming off until the rack is off. Rack...is part of a jigsaw puzzle with the rear mudguard! All this was complicated by the fact that I didn't have the right 8mm spanner. Much faffing and cursing later, it came off. Then I discovered I DID have the right spanner...:cursing:
The front guard's top fixing is via the brake bolt *inside* the fork crown. Who dreamed that up?
It remains to be seen if it will fit the Revell. Similarly, it might just be that the rack won't mount to the Revell frame correctly.
All will be revealed, with pics, on Wednesday.
I hope...

What worked:
Cabled up.
Gears work, but see Fails.
Brakes work, but see Fails.
Fails:
Forgot to bring the damn brake blocks from home...
Pedals don't fit. Right diameter, but thread pitch very obviously different on this crankset.
Need thin wall socket to remove crankset. So BB not serviced yet.
In top gear, 50-11, the extra downtube on the mixte is *just* touching the chain. Drop a gear or on the small ring, it's fine.
:cursing::cursing::cursing:
Oh well...

All uphill

Still rolling along
What worked:
Cabled up.
Gears work, but see Fails.
Brakes work, but see Fails.
Fails:
Forgot to bring the damn brake blocks from home...
Pedals don't fit. Right diameter, but thread pitch very obviously different on this crankset.
Need thin wall socket to remove crankset. So BB not serviced yet.
In top gear, 50-11, the extra downtube on the mixte is *just* touching the chain. Drop a gear or on the small ring, it's fine.
:cursing::cursing::cursing:
Oh well...

We all have those days.

The top gear problem is familiar. I had this with a build and found that one large 1mm thick washer put on the axle solved it.

Keep on keeping on! This is going to be good!

one large 1mm thick washer put on the axle solved it.
But but... how does that affect the QR?

Other problems:
Wanted to use the alloy bars from the Pug. Nope, they're 1.5mm oversize and the Ritchey levers won't stretch.
Wanted to use the shinyshiny guards from the Pug too, but had forgotten that the Revell is a 27" bike, and the Pug's guards are *just* too small.

Top Bottom