Madison Revell Mixte

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Christmas Eve looking possible...
:biggrin:

Fingers crossed! :bicycle:

Test ride was an almost complete success. Within 2 metres of starting, the rear wheel had skewed in the dropouts and jammed on the ns chainstay. Tightening it up rather more than I usually like sorted it, and didn't seem to overload the bearings at all, so off we went...
Main problem was heel strike on the cranks. These are not my usual pedals, so maybe this needs the big Wellgos as well. Otherwise, how to fix?
More details in YRT! But pleased, it rode well and the gearing worked for me.

Cables requiring a bit more tension maybe? :scratch:

Took me a few rides to get that just right on the Raleigh. Now, the bike stops on the proverbial sixpence - those cantis are surprisingly effective.

Edited to add that I've got Clarks pads fitted.

Last edited:
Cables requiring a bit more tension maybe? :scratch:

Took me a few rides to get that just right on the Raleigh. Now, the bike stops on the proverbial sixpence - those cantis are surprisingly effective.

Edited to add that I've got Clarks pads fitted.

These are old Weinmann 730s, so not the best to kick off with. Good levers, same as yours. Salmons are fearsomely good with the 105 dual-pivots on the Scott, which previously wore these rims, so t'aint the rims. I'll give them a good degunk and try again.

These are old Weinmann 730s, so not the best to kick off with. Good levers, same as yours. Salmons are fearsomely good with the 105 dual-pivots on the Scott, which previously wore these rims, so t'aint the rims. I'll give them a good degunk and try again.

Ah, the cycling equivalent of drum brakes all round... :blush: Hopefully a good strip-and-clean of the calipers will help some.

Top Bottom