Madison Revell Mixte

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
12.1 kg = 26.675 lb. The Scott roadie is 10.78kg or 23.765 lb, so just 2.91 lb in it. Take the lights and mudguards off the mixte, and it would be within shouting distance of the same weight as the Scott.

Hebe

getting better all the time
Just had a quick skim of the last few pages. Going to get a drink and enjoy this whole thread. I really like the lugs on the frame and it’s a revelation to see how how you ”wedged” it onto the work stand! Really inspiring.

edit - that must feel so satisfying! Did you learn lots?

Last edited:

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
While I was at it, I weighed it as-is, with lights:
View attachment 563021

Not too bad.

Can't be doing with those metric measurements, but 26.68 lb in old money is a very respectable weight considering it has both mudguards and lights. I would expect the mudguards to be around a pound based on my own weighings.
Naked bike would be a shade over 25 lbs! My Raleigh Royal is 25.64 lb in stripped down fair weather condition, but the frame on that is only 75% 531 not 100% as on the Revell.
Just goes to show how as you go up the frame quality ladder, each step gets a few ounces lighter, and a mixte is inherently a bit heavier than a diamond frame all things being equal. My Gemini hybrid, with 531 main tubes, is the wrong side of 30 lbs with rack, mudguards & bomb-proof Schwalbes fitted.

edit - that must feel so satisfying! Did you learn lots?
I always do. But I have some luck as well. The front derailleur is the original Suntour unit, not designed for indexed gearing. I took a chance that it would work with the shifters I managed to get, and it did, right off the bat. That was very lucky indeed, I fully expected the job to stop there while I sourced a Shimano fd.

My Gemini hybrid, with 531 main tubes, is the wrong side of 30 lbs with rack, mudguards & bomb-proof Schwalbes fitted.
But remember, I've got Shimano R500 basic racing wheels fitted, low spoke count, about 4lb bare. 28mm Schwalbe Luganos are not the lightest, but not that heavy either. If I stripped off the guards, lights, and fitted 25mm Lugano folders, to say nothing of lighter tyres, I'd get it to within a pound of the Scott.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Well, Ishiwata 0245 with 531 fork...but I'll take it!

I stand corrected for being a muppet! Especially since it was me that mentioned the Ishiwate tubing some time ago... :rolleyes: I think it was roughly the equivalent of 531ST in gauge, which makes the weight of your mixte even more impressive.

Top Bottom