Madness and beauty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirtyhanz2

I have just been to my local supermarket total madness cycling back literally in tears at the total stupidity of people
Cycled past a bike ability lesson amazing lovely about 10 primarily school children or riding on the road learning real life schools
Made me smile
Just a quick quote
When ever I see some one on a bicycle I know there is hope for the human race
I know not quite the quote be safe all

Cycleops

Legendary Member
It is quite ridiculous isn't it? What do they think they are going to want all those toilet rolls for?
As for your last remark H.G.Wells was there before you:
"Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race."
H. G. Wells
Although attributed to him he might never had actually said it, but he was a very keen cyclist.

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Just been to collect my lunch in Leeds city centre; people with trolleys of giant bags of flour, just piles of toilet roll, stacks of cleaning products, crates of tinned food, etc.

I wonder how much will be tipped after all of this? :wacko:

I doubt those who are panic-buying will be donating to a local food bank.
I thought the shops were now restricting loo paper purchases etc?

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
5 purchases per customer is still about 1/10 of total stock, if they're big packs. Should have made it 9 rolls (not packs).

DRM

Guru
It’s symptomatic of the greedy me me me attitude everyone seems to have, just listening to loads of angry pensioners on the radio refusing to self isolate, the doctor on was saying that they may feel invincible but their immune systems aren’t what they once were, & if they become seriously ill due to Covid19 the loss in muscle mass alone means they may well recover, but will never be the same again, as for panic buying there should be a set limit of let’s say two packs of loo roll, & should refuse to serve hoarders

sheddy

Legendary Member
Crimes committed by Bog People.

I have just been to Asda with my disabled mother, one chap , I would say in his thirties, nearly knocked her over in his rush to pick up a couple of tins of soup before her. I said an apology would be nice , I just got the look from him.
He did similar again in the next aisle, this being a family friendly forum with a swear filter it would be pointless trying to type the mouthful he got from me. I'm not normally an aggressive person but this chap really pissed me off.
Still didn't apologise though .Fekin nob ed
I just don't understand the mentality of some folk.

Mrs M

Guru
I have just been to Asda with my disabled mother, one chap , I would say in his thirties, nearly knocked her over in his rush to pick up a couple of tins of soup before her. I said an apology would be nice , I just got the look from him.
He did similar again in the next aisle, this being a family friendly forum with a swear filter it would be pointless trying to type the mouthful he got from me. I'm not normally an aggressive person but this chap really pissed me off.
Still didn't apologise though .Fekin nob ed
I just don't understand the mentality of some folk.
He’s a selfish plonker in corona virus times
Will always be a selfish plonker
Pity him
And be thankful you’re not like that

Garry A

Calibrating.....
I work in the distribution centre for a large supermarket chain. The amount of stuff going out is ridiculous, nearly double normal amounts. There's not a shortage, it's not running out and there's enough for everyone if only buying what they need. Panic buyers and people fighting over toilet rolls are just selfish idiots and need to get a grip. It seems that civilization is painted on very thin.

Top Bottom