Magazines

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
bikepete said:
Just sent out the first eight free samples of Velo Vision as per my offer on page 2 of this thread - anyone else curious to see a copy is still very welcome to get in touch - not exactly threatening the 100-copy limit as yet!

I started reading this thread thinking "ey up, I can get a plug in..." and you beat me to it!;)

I dunno which issue you're sending out, but if it helps to reassure people I don't think there's been a photo of me in for a couple of issues....;)

Roll up, roll up, get them while they're hot. Give me a job to do on Thursday!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Oh, and I read the CTC mag, and very, very occasionally C+, but it's all a bit samey and sporty for me - I've read all I want to in about 15 miuntes, so it's not good value. I read Velo Vision of course, but I get that free, although it's a great read, and I'd pay up for it happily - plenty to read in that, lasts me ages.

Arch said:
Oh, and I read the CTC mag, and very, very occasionally C+, but it's all a bit samey and sporty for me - I've read all I want to in about 15 miuntes, so it's not good value. I read Velo Vision of course, but I get that free, although it's a great read, and I'd pay up for it happily - plenty to read in that, lasts me ages.

Not me I can not sleep until I get to the back cover:blush:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
bikepete said:
Just sent out the first eight free samples of Velo Vision as per my offer on page 2 of this thread - anyone else curious to see a copy is still very welcome to get in touch - not exactly threatening the 100-copy limit as yet!

You have PM Pete ;)

just jim

C+ and CTC mag.
There's something quite reassuring about the CTC mag, and I think the obituaries are intriguing - they speak of the longevity of interest and drive that cyclists have to keep doing what they love - cycling.

C+ on the other hand, who's it for? - it's just too aspirational. The article they did have about sub £50 pound bikes was done earlier, and better, by "Cycle".

Shaun

Founder
PM from me too Pete! :biggrin:

C+ for me - renewed my sub for the past 3 years, but don't find it as interesting of late. Maybe that's because I've blinged myself up to the nines with kit and therefore don't eat up the reviews like I used to.

I've bought the odd copy of Cycling Weekly, but feel it's more serious tone and training / nutrition focus doesn't pique my interest as I'm quite a lazy chubby cyclist who doesn't train as often as I should (or eat the right stuff)! :sad:

Cheers,
Shaun :ohmy:

None at all.
MTB magazines, especially singletrack, are tedious narcissistic wankery; CTC mag is just dull; C+ is similarly so. Never read velovision.
I like to read crazyguyonabike.com for a bit of inspiration occasionally, but that is it!

Just had TWO copies of Velovision drop through the letter box :smile:
Cheers Peter!
Complete with Spandex's grinning visage on the front cover.

Unfortunately Mrs. P has deemed that a shopping trip is more important than sitting down with a big mug of tea to read them at the moment.:cheers:

Piemaster said:
Just had TWO copies of Velovision drop through the letter box :cheers:
Cheers Peter!

Unfortunately Mrs. P has deemed that a shopping trip is more important than sitting down with a big mug of tea to read them at the moment.xx(

Get her told :smile: nothing is more important then reading velovision.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Piemaster said:
Just had TWO copies of Velovision drop through the letter box :smile:
Cheers Peter!

Wait til you see inside:biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Piemaster said:
Just had TWO copies of Velovision drop through the letter box :biggrin:
Cheers Peter!

Never mind, it's not like that every issue....:tongue:

Hope you enjoy it! Especially the book reviews....

FBOAB

Two copies for me too! Thanks for your generosity!
After a brief flick, THAT'S what I was on about for a practical cycling mag.
Hmm. Birthday comming up. Subscription on wish list please.

FBOAB said:
Two copies for me too! Thanks for your generosity!
After a brief flick, THAT'S what I was on about for a practical cycling mag.
Hmm. Birthday comming up. Subscription on wish list please.

Exactly the same thoughts as me (including the shortly coming up birthday / subscription).
Intelligent well written read, even Mrs.P had a flick through it ;).

Only complaint about it really is my n+1 want list has grown. :ohmy:

Plax

Guru
Just got my copies too thanks! Definitely going to subscribe once pay day comes.
Spandex - nice legs!

Top Bottom