Magic seat post

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrs M

Guru
Hubby was recently riding a Specialized Fuse fattie bike.
The seat post is adjustable when riding by way of a wee lever on the handlebars.
Never saw this before and just thought it was a very clever idea :smile: :bicycle:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
It's called a 'dropper' apparently

Ciar

Veteran
yep that be a dropper post, very handy when doing descents, that or you manually drop your seat post low so it's not in the way, i have ridden friends bikes with them and you can see the difference in control and handling when the seat is out the way, i haven't bought myself one yet but it's on the list :smile:

potsy

Rambler
My Decathlon mtb came with one fitted, not the remote handlebar one though, this one works via a lever underneath the saddle.
Can see the appeal but took mine off as it's quite heavy and I'm a weight-weenie :whistle:

screenman

Legendary Member
My new 29rd is going to have one soon. Those big wheels put me up there with the clouds, or so it feels on the first couple of rides.

OP
OP
Mrs M

Mrs M

Guru
Fabulous innovation. :smile:
When I had my mountain bike I was always stopping to put the saddle up or down.

I have a rockshox reverb hydraulic post,( xmas gift to myself) very smooth with adjustable speed of rise. The mechanic who fitted it warned me that he had a load back where people forgot that the remote button on the bars was not that tough and were throwing thier bikes upside down to fiix a puncture and mangling the button. I am still getting used to it at the moment and keep forgetting to use it.

Top Bottom