Magner's cider or the Emperor's New Clothes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skmc1955

anyone know where I can get a bottle cage that will hold a 3litre bottle of Asda own brand apple rot-gut!!

Toshiba Boy said:
Before moving down to West Somerset, never particularly into cider.

Now however, we buy a great deal :biggrin: of Sheppy's cider, absolutely delicious....and no ice, please.:wacko:

Following on from our Somerset trip last week, I bought a bottle of Sheppy's Goldfinch earlier this evening - not tried it before. :smile:

Wolf04

I notice Magners now comes on draft! So do they still stick ice in it? If so how do you get an accurate measure? You can fool some of the people some of the time etc. Reminds me of my distant youth when the advertising bods convinced me I'd be a man if only I drank Tartan bitter! Tried it again a few years ago on a trip to Edinburgh, it hadn't improved any. I drank Tartan for about a year before progressing on to Newcastle Brown Ale the next five or so years were a bit of a blur then I switched to Lager and lime for a week then just lager. Many years past then on a visit to Cork I got a taste for stout. Now I prefer real ales but the odd ice cold Fosters sneaks in. Never understood the point of extra cold Guinness, Boddingtons etc. Each to their own I guess but poor quality cider with ice... is just wrong! Still better than that sh**e Bud though!

cant stand magners, same as bulmers!, may try some of that aspal's stuff, sell it in our local sain's, and they do some flavoured varieties as i remember... It wont however make me stop drinking my St. Helier pear cider, the best i've tried...- didnt like bulmers pear, well, not by comparison anyway!- the raspberry and lime flavoured st helier pear is nice too, but dont go near the blueberry one, unless you like wkd blue that is..

oh, and i like mine with ice!!!!- and it gives you a reason to drink up quickly and refill so the ice doesnt water it down!!!

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Interesting! Elsewhere I reasd that sales have slumped, which they blame on the poor weather....

strofiwimple

Veteran
There was a similar thread last year, gerry attrick is spot on imho, aspalls-especially the premier cru is wonderful stuff but is very potent so is to be savoured and definitely not one to have a session with.

Top Bottom