Magner's cider.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

darkstar

Sad what some people need to do to make themselves feel better, isn't it?:sad:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Globalti said:
No I won't; I enjoy sneering at lager drinkers with my smug air of superiority.

Quite right!!!!
It's one of life's pleasures sneering at people who don't know any better. When you're as old, sagacious and experienced as us in the fineries of the world of gastronomy and glugging, Darkstar you'll realise the error of your youthful ways.
:sad:

darkstar

rich p said:
Quite right!!!!
It's one of life's pleasures sneering at people who don't know any better. When you're as old, sagacious and experienced as us in the fineries of the world of gastronomy and glugging, Darkstar you'll realise the error of your youthful ways.
:sad:
Lol i enjoy ales and stouts! Just drink lagers as well, it's all good in my opinion. I wouldnt live if i drank lager at the Rugby though, would be chucked out by the people i go with...:laugh: Personal favorite beer is Guinness, and thats quite cheap!

HeyWayne

This season I will be mostly drinking chilled ales - I know it's blasphemy, but I like a cool drink. The beauty with ale is that, unlike lager it doesn't taste rancid as it reaches room temperature.

The trendy drink for this year?

Crabbies. It's the new Magner's.

Debian

Fab Foodie said:
Mostly I'm with you, particularly regarding real farmhouse cider, it's fuel for the gods.

I don't agree on your Lager comment, whilst much is utter crap, there are those that are a worthy addition to the beer fridge, particularly during the warmer months.
Peroni's OK for a light refreshing drink.
Pilsner Urquell and Budweiser Budvar are both good originals.
A few of us here have a liking for French Jupiler.
Spanish Mahou Green (the Red is too strong).
Singha
Then there are the Belgians...

Decent Lager is also much improved by serving it in a large wine glass rather than a pint pot.

So there is quite a bit of lager to like. Whilst English ale is my drink of choice for all its variety and complexity, there is much joy in a cool (NOT CHILLED*) lager on a summers day.

* Part of Lager's problem is that a) there is too much crap, Stella, Carling, Fosters, Carlesberg etc and ;) it's always served too cold.

I posted in haste.

I was referring to the Fosters, Stellas, etc of the "lager" world. I know there are some nice "proper" lagers but that's not what most people think of in this country - lager = Stella, etc.

And it has to be served ice cold otherwise it tastes like shite!

Debian

Bayerd said:
Meanwhile back to the OP, Magners was never drunk with ice until a couple of years ago when some bright marketing spark had the idea of pouring the tasteless piss over ice and billing it as the latest thing.

LOL!! +1

Sheep eh?!

c2c

redredrobin
Fab Foodie said:
Mostly I'm with you, particularly regarding real farmhouse cider, it's fuel for the gods.

I don't agree on your Lager comment, whilst much is utter crap, there are those that are a worthy addition to the beer fridge, particularly during the warmer months.
Peroni's OK for a light refreshing drink.
Pilsner Urquell and Budweiser Budvar are both good originals.
A few of us here have a liking for French Jupiler.
Spanish Mahou Green (the Red is too strong).
Singha
Then there are the Belgians...

Decent Lager is also much improved by serving it in a large wine glass rather than a pint pot.

So there is quite a bit of lager to like. Whilst English ale is my drink of choice for all its variety and complexity, there is much joy in a cool (NOT CHILLED*) lager on a summers day.

* Part of Lager's problem is that a) there is too much crap, Stella, Carling, Fosters, Carlesberg etc and :wacko: it's always served too cold.

Stella dear, crap dear,................. how very dare you.........;)

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
c2c said:
[/B]
Stella dear, crap dear,................. how very dare you.........;)

Stella's position as a premium brand is achieved by marketing and not by product quality.

I witnessed the elevation of 1664 to premium brand from pile it high sell it cheap status. It was, and still is, on parity with Heineken, Harp, and the like.

c2c

redredrobin
vernon said:
Stella's position as a premium brand is achieved by marketing and not by product quality.

I witnessed the elevation of 1664 to premium brand from pile it high sell it cheap status. It was, and still is, on parity with Heineken, Harp, and the like.

Never mind marketing, never mind being a premium brand, its about the taste mate."oooh i witnessed the elevation of blah blah blah"........whaaaaaaatever.

Debian

c2c said:
Never mind marketing, never mind being a premium brand, its about the taste mate."oooh i witnessed the elevation of blah blah blah"........whaaaaaaatever.

The test is - drink it at room temp. If it's drinkable then it's a decent drink. If you can only drink it ice cold because at room temp it tastes shite then it's rubbish. Stella, Fosters, Carlsberg, etc, all taste shite when warm.

Top Bottom