Magner's cider.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c2c

redredrobin
Debian said:
The test is - drink it at room temp. If it's drinkable then it's a decent drink. If you can only drink it ice cold because at room temp it tastes shite then it's rubbish. Stella, Fosters, Carlsberg, etc, all taste shite when warm.

What an absolute crock of s***e if you dont mind my saying. i could go on about this and that, but please, by way of penance for the above drivel can you write one hundred lines. I must remember that taste is subjective, and that i really should not try to impose my opinion on others.

I initially railed against the suggestion that my beloved Stella Artois was "crap". in my opinion it is not. that ok with you dear.. ?

just jim

Seems to be more of market (cos we're all media savvy on CC) for more upscale ciders just now, which must be a good thing for the more discerning.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Debian said:
The test is - drink it at room temp. If it's drinkable then it's a decent drink. If you can only drink it ice cold because at room temp it tastes shite then it's rubbish. Stella, Fosters, Carlsberg, etc, all taste shite when warm.

By that argument tea is not a decent drink.

Some drinks are meant to be drunk cold, and lager is one of them. Doesn't make it a crap drink.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
c2c said:
Never mind marketing, never mind being a premium brand, its about the taste mate."oooh i witnessed the elevation of blah blah blah"........whaaaaaaatever.

OK then, I witnessed the elevation of a 5hite tasting lager to a premium brand from a 'pile it high sell it cheap' nondescript undrinkable beverage.

The shift in public perception of the quality of the canned pish was entirely due to marketing.

Clear enough for you?

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
just jim said:
Seems to be more of market (cos we're all media savvy on CC) for more upscale ciders just now, which must be a good thing for the more discerning.

The marketing/promotion of cider started five or six years ago. It's good to see more variety on the shelves but they aren't all good ciders.

battered

Guru
About 5-10 years ago cider was dead as a drink. It'#s thanks to Magbers etc that it's survived. I do hate the ones made with sweeteners and junk though, they are horrible. Aldi OTOH sells a very pleasant cider, no colours, sweeteners or tat, and it's dirt cheap. It does contain sulphites but so do they all, along with wine. A French winemaker who's a close friend tells me anyone who claims to be able to make wine without sulphites is making something that will be undrinkable in a month. Even the Romans used to burn sulphur in wine barrels before filling them.

c2c

redredrobin
vernon said:
OK then, I witnessed the elevation of a 5hite tasting lager to a premium brand from a 'pile it high sell it cheap' nondescript undrinkable beverage.

The shift in public perception of the quality of the canned pish was entirely due to marketing.

Clear enough for you?

shite tasting to who exactly, you the foremost expert on what tastes good and wot dont then................ i mean dont get me wrong i hate 1664, but i know of others who think its the nectar of the gods.......... same with budweiser...... to me its stale p**ss, but i rejoice in the bud fans right to say it works for them.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
c2c said:
shite tasting to who exactly, you the foremost expert on what tastes good and wot dont then................ i mean dont get me wrong i hate 1664, but i know of others who think its the nectar of the gods.......... same with budweiser...... to me its stale p**ss, but i rejoice in the bud fans right to say it works for them.

They (and you) are still wrong though ;)

Top Bottom