Magnic Light claims new form of no-contact bicycle dynamo lighting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Night Train

Maker of Things
LED and US comment aside.. Mathew is right in one respect... investing in a product you've not seen a great deal of isnt great business sense.

I digress... Reelights are good enough for urban areas imo. I've seen them and they are pretty good for the money/set up.
Some people are generous enough to invest in something because they feel it is a good idea or the person is investable. It may not ever come to anything but someone has been 'helped' in furthering a design that may be picked up another time by someone else or helped to further their design abilities in new and more profitable directions.

Some people are investing in me in a similar way, with some of the things I am working on.

al78

Guru
LED and US comment aside.. Mathew is right in one respect... investing in a product you've not seen a great deal of isnt great business sense.

I digress... Reelights are good enough for urban areas imo. I've seen them and they are pretty good for the money/set up.

If people don't invest in new technology then how can new technology ever get off the ground and ultimately become mainstream?

Without investment in new technology, we would stagnate.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Some people are generous enough to invest in something because they feel it is a good idea or the person is investable. It may not ever come to anything but someone has been 'helped' in furthering a design that may be picked up another time by someone else or helped to further their design abilities in new and more profitable directions.

Some people are investing in me in a similar way, with some of the things I am working on.

I would hope that they'd get the option of physically looking it over, meeting the inventor/designer... or seeing some extended information, registered patents etc.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I would hope that they'd get the option of physically looking it over, meeting the inventor/designer... or seeing some extended information, registered patents etc.
Yes, I would, and have done so in the past when I had money to invest. This was also pre-internet days.

However, there are still some generous people, who maybe like an alternative gamble, who will invest on the basis of what they can find out about the designer on the web.

Top Bottom