Mail order bikes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
vernon said:
Don't panic.

I'm sure that you'll get pedals with the bike.

There are pedals on the photo of the bike.

I havnt just made me think there:smile:didnt think about that at all, but seeing as they are pictured and it wasnt mentioned I just took for granted it would come with them.
Its the waiting game now, hope its sooner rather than later when it comes.:becool:

got-to-get-fit

Both my last 2 bikes were mail order .....i had to ...

Turn the handlebars and tighten
Put front wheel on
Remove packaging
Attach pedals

......Most times you wont get pedals included. Sometimes they will send you some cheap plastic pedals ....just to get you going.
If the bike does not have pedals attached, be sure you lubricate the pedal screw thread and hole in the crank arm with silicon. Otherwise you will never get them off again.

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
got-to-get-fit said:
Both my last 2 bikes were mail order .....i had to ...

Turn the handlebars and tighten
Put front wheel on
Remove packaging
Attach pedals

......Most times you wont get pedals included. Sometimes they will send you some cheap plastic pedals ....just to get you going.
If the bike does not have pedals attached, be sure you lubricate the pedal screw thread and hole in the crank arm with silicon. Otherwise you will never get them off again.

Thanks, even I can manage that, but Im sure the pedals will be with it, hasnt come yet, its going to be a long day.;)

got-to-get-fit

I hope the pedals are with it....i had a look at the bike and it looks very nice. The description does not mention pedals. However when pedals are not included the blurb will usually say "pedals not included" So chances are, as they have not mentioned it .....they will be included.

Anyway....have a great day

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
got-to-get-fit said:
I hope the pedals are with it....i had a look at the bike and it looks very nice. The description does not mention pedals. However when pedals are not included the blurb will usually say "pedals not included" So chances are, as they have not mentioned it .....they will be included.

Anyway....have a great day

That was my thought when it came up, and its blowing a gale and started raining now, so maybe later for delivery is a good thing, or I can just sit rubbing it with a duster.;)

col said:
That was my thought when it came up, and its blowing a gale and started raining now, so maybe later for delivery is a good thing, or I can just sit rubbing it with a duster.;)

;) don't get it dirty.
Seriously, it looks nice. Hope you enjoy it.

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Piemaster said:
;) don't get it dirty.
Seriously, it looks nice. Hope you enjoy it.

I will thanks, but I seem to have entered a time continuem, its dragging like hell waiting for it.;)

rich p

ridiculous old lush
It says it comes 85% assembled so you have a lot to do!

It also says Fitted Extras but doesn't actually mention any!

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
rich p said:
It says it comes 85% assembled so you have a lot to do!

It also says Fitted Extras but doesn't actually mention any!

I took it to mean as pictured? It still hasnt arrived.;)

02GF74

Über Member
is it there yet?

assembly is like what they say - you need special narrow spanner to fit the pedals - left one will be left hand thread, other wil be standard right hand thread; a dab of grease and do them up tight. Note some pedals have hex indent on spindle so can be done up with allen key.

you may alsno need to pump up the tyres.

in addition you may need to fit the mudguards and rack

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
02GF74 said:
is it there yet?

assembly is like what they say - you need special narrow spanner to fit the pedals - left one will be left hand thread, other wil be standard right hand thread; a dab of grease and do them up tight. Note some pedals have hex indent on spindle so can be done up with allen key.

you may alsno need to pump up the tyres.

in addition you may need to fit the mudguards and rack

No problem, I think Ill have the time too as its not too good here with the weather at the moment.
And no:sad:

PaulB

Legendary Member
I couldn't decide between the Russian ones or the Thai ones when I wanted to go mail order.

yenrod

Post saying you've got it and put us out our misery even i'm excited now...

1.gif

Top Bottom