Mail order bikes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Looks alright does that - seem to remember a similar Raleigh tourer getting a decent review over at bike radar last year.

Incidentally, as it has mudguards, you've no excuse for not riding it IMMEDIATELY after assembling it :rolleyes:

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
MacBludgeon said:
Col, my Giant came with pedals, may be cheap but am still using them, they've done 700ish miles now.

Looking at the pic they are not the big plastic type, so Im more than happy, until something goes wrong with them, if it does, as I cant see a tourer being fitted with bad pedals that are not up to some sort of mileage?

Oh and its still not here yet.:rolleyes:

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
John the Monkey said:
Looks alright does that - seem to remember a similar Raleigh tourer getting a decent review over at bike radar last year.

Incidentally, as it has mudguards, you've no excuse for not riding it IMMEDIATELY after assembling it :rolleyes:

Nooo its still spitting, and my bike will be so shiny and new:biggrin:

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
redjedi said:
Looks good, I'm so jealous, I want a new bike now :rolleyes:

You've got to christen it eventually

I know, but its sooo hard the first time:biggrin:

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Well its come ;)

Just taken a bit more adjustment than I thought, and it has pedals, not the best but good enough for now.
My only minor thought is where the forks go in to the steering it seems a little stiff, is this normal and will loosen up, or do I need to adjust?
Thanks all Im buffing it up and checking all screws now :biggrin:

To coin a phrase "This thread is useless without pictures"

I know you've posted a link but remember "This is my bike. There are many others like it, but this one is mine"
Something to prove you have actually ridden it somewhere?

(Anyone know the film reference?)

rich p

ridiculous old lush
col said:
Well its come :wahhey:

Just taken a bit more adjustment than I thought, and it has pedals, not the best but good enough for now.
My only minor thought is where the forks go in to the steering it seems a little stiff, is this normal and will loosen up, or do I need to adjust?
Thanks all Im buffing it up and checking all screws now :biggrin:

It shouldn't be stiff

MichaelM

Guru
col said:
Well its come :rolleyes:

Thanks all Im buffing it up and checking all screws now :wacko:

5374 posts and you still haven't learned that pics are required at times like this.

Shocking. Go and stand in the corner.

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Been out on it and its great, what a difference, Iv adjusted the seat and handle bars, sorted the stiff steerer by redoing it, a bit strange but fine now, the first few pedals and I heard a couple of twangs, dread filled my heart until I realised it was the spokes bedding in. The gears are different for me but didnt take long to get the hang of, but I had to turn the front derailers round the post a bit as they were at an angle to the chain wheels. Not a light bike but what a difference, so easy to get going and keep a good speed, and yes it did come with pedals, I would think they are basic ones, but Ill upgrade when the need arises.Ill post pics tomorrow as Iv fitted lights and Im going to try out my adjustments now, its very different to what Im used to, but I like it, be back later to let you know how I got on.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom