Major bug - cannot post via iPad.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
@ColinJ - yes, I do realise, but with respect a problem that stops someone using the forum completely is a little more pressing than not liking the colour scheme, etc!@Shaun - yes, tried all the skins, no joy.
Well, you managed to make these posts okay!   ;)

(Actually, I can see that this bug must be irritating and I quite fancy an iPad or some other manufacturer's equivalent myself!)

OP
OP
Debian

Debian

@admin. I am using Safari on the iPad, I've also tried Atomic - same problem.

@muddyfox - I'm so glad you think making nasty comments on a feedback thread is helpful. Why don't you carry on playing in your sandbox?

OP
OP
Debian

Debian

@ColinJ - yes, I made the posts using the mobile skin as an emergency measure. But it doesn't let you quote posts, add smileys, multi quote, etc, etc.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
It works in Android.
Perhaps Steve Jobs hasn't approved the new layout yet.

:biggrin: strange that the thread is titled 'major bug', it's a kind of non-existent problem for the majority. However we now have evidence that at least one iPad buyer can't take a bit of mockery of his new toy. Maybe Apple need to get working on that sense of humour app.

Shaun

Founder
Debian, are you saying it won't work in Safari on any of the browser-specific skins?

@ColinJ - yes, I made the posts using the mobile skin as an emergency measure. But it doesn't let you quote posts, add smileys, multi quote, etc, etc.

Oh yes it does, I am using the mobile skin now. You can quote posts. Select the post you want to quote and a button appears that lets you reply to it. If you know the code you can add a smiley by hand like this ... :smile: Agreed that you can't multiquote, but I couldn't get that to work on the CC skin either. My biggest problem with the mobile skin is that you can only mark the entire board as read, you can't just mark individual forums or threads.

OP
OP
Debian

Debian

@admin - not on the iPad except using the mobile skin.@touché - are you using an iPad? Because I can't even select a post, how do you do that? And adding ASCII text for a smiley is ok but it's not the same as simply selecting the correct image. Multiple quoting and all other normal usage worked perfectly on my iPad beforevthe upgrade, using all the normal skins.

Shaun

Founder
Debian, can you please visit this site and tell me if you can access it okay?

http://community.invisionpower.com/

Thanks,
Shaun :biggrin:

@Debian - Not on an iPad, I managed quite well last night on an iTouch. Touch the post you want to respond to within Safari and the button should appear. Using the mobile skin on a PC with IE6 you point and click at the post you want to respond to.

adds21

Rider of bikes
@Debian - Not on an iPad, I managed quite well last night on an iTouch. Touch the post you want to respond to within Safari and the button should appear. Using the mobile skin on a PC with IE6 you point and click at the post you want to respond to.

I don't want to sound like an Apple fan boy, but:

iPhone 4: everything works fine in both "mobile" and "full" versions
iPod Touch: everything works fine in both "mobile" and "full" versions
iPad: everything works fine in "mobile" version, but cannot post in "full" version.

Personally, I don't like using the mobile versions on any of the "i" things, because Safari makes such a good job of displaying full HTML. This is especially true on the iPad because of the screen size.

OP
OP
Debian

Debian

I don't want to sound like an Apple fan boy, but:

iPhone 4: everything works fine in both "mobile" and "full" versions
iPod Touch: everything works fine in both "mobile" and "full" versions
iPad: everything works fine in "mobile" version, but cannot post in "full" version.

Personally, I don't like using the mobile versions on any of the "i" things, because Safari makes such a good job of displaying full HTML. This is especially true on the iPad because of the screen size.

OK, I haven't tried it on an iPod and I don't have an iPhone.

But on the iPad I can only post in "mobile" and even then I can't quote posts or select smileys.

PS, this and previous post were made via a PC

Top Bottom