Major Races may go ahead

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
That any better for you ?
UCI revised 2020 race calendar:

• Tour de France, Aug 29-Sept 20 • World road championships, Sept

20-27

• Giro d'Italia after worlds, followed by Vuelta a España • Road nationals, Aug 22-23 Monuments will take place, at dates TBD

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
That any better for you ?
UCI revised 2020 race calendar:

• Tour de France, Aug 29-Sept 20 • World road championships, Sept

20-27

• Giro d'Italia after worlds, followed by Vuelta a España • Road nationals, Aug 22-23 Monuments will take place, at dates TBD
That would see the Vuelta finish on 8th November at the earliest, is that feasible?

The logistics of preparing a team for over 70 days of continuous first class racing would be unprecedented.

the Giro will likely have a very depleted field as it’s sandwiched in the middle when riders will be resting up.

Adam4868

Guru
That would see the Vuelta finish on 8th November at the earliest, is that feasible?

The logistics of preparing a team for over 70 days of continuous first class racing would be unprecedented.

the Giro will likely have a very depleted field as it’s sandwiched in the middle when riders will be resting up.
My opinion ( it's not really worth anything )It would be good if they made the Giro and the Vuelta two week races this year at least.Thats if they go ahead.
There's enough riders out there for the races that "could" go ahead.
One thing is certain and that's nothing is certain...it's nice to think things are going back to a bit of normality.Starting with cycling.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
One thing is certain and that's nothing is certain...it's nice to think things are going back to a bit of normality.Starting with cycling.
It is nice to think things are going back to a bit of normality... However (and I hope that I am wrong), I suspect that international sport will not be back to normal even in time for the rescheduled Olympics in 2021!

The most hopelessly optimistic (and probably unrealistic) forecast is for a safe, effective vaccine to have been developed by August or September. That would then have to be manufactured and deployed to huge numbers of people round the world, probably some time in the spring of 2021?

Adam4868

Guru
It is nice to think things are going back to a bit of normality... However (and I hope that I am wrong), I suspect that international sport will not be back to normal even in time for the rescheduled Olympics in 2021!

The most hopelessly optimistic (and probably unrealistic) forecast is for a safe, effective vaccine to have been developed by August or September. That would then have to be manufactured and deployed to huge numbers of people round the world, probably some time in the spring of 2021?
You had to come along and p1ss on the good news didn't ya Col !
I get what your saying and I've a idea..why not have no supporters watching.Get the Gendarme to be heavy handed at keeping them back from the road.Also 6 feet min distance between cyclists,strictly no drafting...a battle to Paris every man for himself.Its been a long day here....
Nah I'm confident it'll be on.😊

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'd rather be pleasantly surprised by being wrong than disappointed not to be right! :okay:

How about 21 consecutive days of time trials? A 200 km Alpine or Pyreneen TT would be something else! :laugh:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I'd rather be pleasantly surprised by being wrong than disappointed not to be right! :okay:

How about 21 consecutive days of time trials? A 200 km Alpine or Pyreneen TT would be something else! :laugh:
As an intellectual exercise it’s very interesting. Clearly no one could give it full beans every day so it would make for some unusual tactical decisions with riders resting on different days.

Adam4868

Guru
Getting back to will it,won't it.Im guessing for the sponsors and money men it's better to go with "it will go ahead".
I'd say if the tour doesn't we'll see the end of quite a few teams.Money matters in pro cycling.Its all about sponsors

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
The rescheduled date for TDF was 29th August, so not a huge issue to move it another week into September.
It’s the other races that would suffer.

Top Bottom