Makes you think..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
It looks like a slice rather than defect fail. I’ve had tyres / tubes look like that after hitting a subsided bit of road. But in that case the tube / tyre went straight away.

I wonder if you hit a bit of broken bottle not far from where your ride ended?

dodgy

Mine was a schwalbe lugano.

@dodgy sided = put away

As in when the wife says do you live in a tip can't you side owt

Ah right, like 'squared' away, which is better known to me with my military background :okay:

OP
OP
oldfatfool

oldfatfool

Guru
It looks like a slice rather than defect fail. I’ve had tyres / tubes look like that after hitting a subsided bit of road. But in that case the tube / tyre went straight away.

I wonder if you hit a bit of broken bottle not far from where your ride ended?
No the bike was left a few hours before it was sided and tyre was still inflated, also the split on the inside of the tyre travels 8n a different direction to the outside the centre looks delaminated.

D

Deleted member 1258

My last ride outdoors on Sunday was a pleasant route around the dales, with some exceptional climbing and consequently descending, hitting speeds of up to 70kph and rapid slowing due to errant cows and sheep etc etc. https://www.strava.com/activities/5423703209
The bike was sided and was in fine fettle. Tonight I have gone to move it only to find the inner tube as let go and completely obliterated the tyre. The tube was new approx 200 miles ago as was the tyre. It was not a pinch puncture, nothing in the tyre, nothing in the rim, purely let go. I can only think what would have happened had this happened whilst out, it makes me shudder. View attachment 593261 View attachment 593262 View attachment 593263 View attachment 593264

I would guess that you picked up a cut at some point that didn't go right through the tyre and tube and it held for the ride before finally letting go after you parked at the end of the ride.

Drago

Legendary Member
Looks like you've ridden over a land mine.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Skinny lightweight road tyres have never looked up to the job to me.

I understand why road riders don't like tyres such as Marathon Plus, but at least there's a bit more to them than just being round and black.

Top Bottom