Male riding female bike??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dannyJAE

New to cycling (apart from 15 years ago when I liked to throw my bikes over big mounds of dirt) Picked up a cheap boardman comp hybrid from gumtree and I believe it may be female. The b in boardman is pink, in all honesty it does not bother me and its seems to fit fine but I am just wondering if it is a problem? Posture wise etc?

Cheers

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
If it dosen't bother you, fits you, and you like it, then it doesnt't matter whether it is for a male or female and you shouldn't have any problems. Just enjoy the bike. :okay:

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
In my mind this is just marketing guff. If the bike fits, it’s yours. Plenty of alpha males out there trying to be beta males in pink Rapha kit. Or maybe that’s better males. Not sure.

(I ride small frames and most ‘female specific’ frames have suitable geometry. Just nowhere to mount my shaving mirror. My oldest daughter rides a 56 ‘male’ Dawes Super Galaxy. All I needed to do was shorten the stem and it fits like a glove)

Alan O

Über Member
New to cycling (apart from 15 years ago when I liked to throw my bikes over big mounds of dirt) Picked up a cheap boardman comp hybrid from gumtree and I believe it may be female. The b in boardman is pink, in all honesty it does not bother me and its seems to fit fine but I am just wondering if it is a problem? Posture wise etc?

Cheers
If you can set it up so it fits you, I don't see how it can make any difference.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
[QUOTE 5257298, member: 10119"]I often refer to my bike as 'her' or 'she' so I guess she must be female. Wasn't from the WSD range though.[/QUOTE]

Fairly mixed gender of bike references/names at Chez HC

Arborium Chirimo (Neutral)
Lady Eleanor Glanville (F)
Captain Beefheart (M)
Asquith Xavier (M)

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Picked up a cheap boardman comp hybrid from gumtree and I believe it may be female.

Why? Does it have a vagina?

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
One of my bikes is a trek Lexa SL. It is designed for women and fits great.

Pink is a great colour if you dont want it stolen.

I want a pink Fiat 500 but Jannie wont let me have one^_^ I would never need to lock it.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
pink works in italy
bettiniphoto_0338040_1_originali_670.jpg

Top Bottom