Malt whisky suggestions wanted.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
If it has to be a recognised source then I would also recommend Highland Park but if you want something a little unexpected yet outstanding quality then try Amrut, an Indian single malt.

https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/amrut-single-malt-whisky/

Malty, biscuity, sugarcane, caramelized nuttiness, apricot, citrus, ripe banana, roasted oak spices.
This is a well rounded and solid entry dram with a nice malty new oak core.
No fancy cask finishes to hide behind, malt and oak is what you get here but it is high quality malt and oak which rivals that of good scotch.
Good maturation the Indian barley and new oak barrels work harmoniously together, a solid display of the Amrut house style.
Complex, rounded and full bodied beyond its years due to the hot climate with continuous maturation which pulls every drop of flavor out of the oak and makes the malty Amrut spirit special.
Bottled at 46% NCF and non-colored its a soft but full flavored exotic dram.”

Brandane

Legendary Member

Fram

Yet another vote for Orkney's gold, Highland Park.
As previously posted, the peaty flavours tend to come from the western isles, especially Islay. I agree that they are an acquired taste; one that I am ashamed to admit (as an islander originally) I have never acquired after 58 years!
Despite living in Strathspey, I enjoy a nice medicinal LAPHROAIG (among others). :whistle:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member

Santa came Good :laugh:

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Dalwhinnie is rockin at the moment. Not peaty.

Last edited:
Top Bottom