Malt whisky suggestions wanted.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Suggestions needed. We have:
- a whisk(e)y-shaped hole in the kitchen. And
- a large Tesco voucher from work to spend.

Nothing craaaazy dear, but otherwise happy to try most things!

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
Any Speyside Whiskey I would say. No smoke or peatiness there. The ones I have tried are quite light and "fruity".

Suggestions needed. We have:
- a whisk(e)y-shaped hole in the kitchen. And
- a large Tesco voucher from work to spend.

Nothing craaaazy dear, but otherwise happy to try most things!

Auchentoshan Three Wood is nice.
Dalwhinnie Winter's Gold is light and pleasant (and on offer). - They suggest serving it from the freezer, like vodka but I'm not convinced
I'd probably choose the Caol Ila myself for a smokier choice

presta

Guru
My top tip for short drinks is avoid them.

Wines & spirits in my hands are a bit of a liability because I tend to sip them at the same rate as the beer I would normally be drinking, and the results are more embarrassing than pretty. I got quite a liking for Balalaikas at a Rotary Club cocktail party once, and started knocking them back like they were fruit juice. Twiddling a Father Christmas hat round my head like a strippers nipple tassle didn't exactly help, either. :laugh:

Then there was the night out in Corfu with large self-refilling jugs of cheap red plonk on the tables.......

Slick

Guru
On a recent trip to Turkey, there only was 1 option, Glenlivet. I've never had it before but can confirm, it is lovely.

My top tip for short drinks is avoid them.

:laugh:

:cheers:

405F514E-8893-472E-A1F6-9DA77E062EF0.jpeg

yello

I bought a 9 year old Bowmore a couple of days back on special, around £22 or therearounds. Yes it's an Islay, so smokey/peaty, but there's a lot of other stuff going on there too. I wasn't sure at first (maybe too complex?) but I'm certainly warming to it. I might treat myself to another bottle if it's still going - at that price, it's worth it imho.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
My tastes are changing , was never a fan of the peaty smokey islay stuff but it’s growing on me . Always stuck with speyside stuff but I’m getting a bit underwhelmed by it now .

Top Bottom