Mamil - The Movie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Is that Hulk Hogan right of centre?

... a pursuit for balance, harmony, posing and a bit of devil-may-care. And all done up like a dog's dinner.
... combined with a sad (?) undertone? With pretty bleak commentary on middle-aged men?

Dunno - never having worn Lycra, never having been into these guys' "thrills", I'm a bit bemused.

Me? I've just kept pedaling, cos it works.

Last edited:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Yes. Naked MAMILS.

Surely that would just be a MAM?

Ajax Bay

Guru
I reckon there would be a few other groups of guys I would sooner avoid than this lot. . . . they do seem to have a certain attitude that only comes with confidence and experience.
Are you suggesting that that 'certain attitude' is a bad one? Surely confidence and experience are both 'good things' when they inform behaviour. Or maybe (and entirely your call) you prefer to associate with guys who lack confidence and are inexperienced?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Are you suggesting that that 'certain attitude' is a bad one? Surely confidence and experience are both 'good things' when they inform behaviour. Or maybe (and entirely your call) you prefer to associate with guys who lack confidence and are inexperienced?
From the horrible noise of crunching bikes and the talk of crashes even in that trailer, I'd say that it looks like those featured in the film are more like over-confident and their experiences are pretty bad.

But as we've already covered repeatedly, I really don't understand the attraction of riding in circles not to go anywhere much, never visiting a race unless you're racing it or been pressganged into marshalling, never visiting an apple festival, never riding up to watch a parade, never riding to the fireworks displays, never riding to go walk along a beach or in a forest or have a picnic. Just riding the same loops with the same coffee stops month after month, sprinting for the same stava segments and so on, seems so bleak to me. I guess this is a film for people who think "Britain by Bike" contains too much sightseeing and not enough cycling.

Top Bottom