1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mamil - The Movie

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by ianrauk, 12 Oct 2017.

1. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah Staff Member

2. Drago

Drago Guru

Is that Hulk Hogan right of centre?

CanucksTraveller and Markymark like this.
  3. Cuchilo

Cuchilo Prize winning member X2

Embrace the lycra baby yeah !

DCBassman likes this.
  4. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Nothing we don't know about there, but it looks as though it'd be an enjoyable film, even re-emphasising (as if that's necessary) that our two-wheeled hobby is a pursuit for balance, harmony, posing and a bit of devil-may-care. And all done up like a dog's dinner.

5. meta lon

meta lon Guru

There are worse sights than mamils.

DCBassman likes this.
  6. Drago

Drago Guru

Yes. Naked MAMILS.

hopless500 and huwsparky like this.
  7. Cuchilo

Cuchilo Prize winning member X2

I didnt want to say at the time as i just wanted to get out of there but .... you looked hot :eek:

Drago likes this.
  8. growingvegetables

growingvegetables Guru

... combined with a sad (?) undertone? With pretty bleak commentary on middle-aged men?

Dunno - never having worn Lycra, never having been into these guys' "thrills", I'm a bit bemused.

Me? I've just kept pedaling, cos it works.

Last edited: 13 Oct 2017
    DCBassman and mjr like this.
  9. Milkfloat

Milkfloat Veteran

Surely that would just be a MAM?

10. Slick

Slick Über Member

To be honest, I reckon there would be a few other groups of guys I would sooner avoid than this lot. They may not be much to look at (much like myself:shy:) but they do seem to have a certain attitude that only comes with confidence and experience.

11. I like that. But then I'm a MAMIL and can relate to a lot that was said in the film.

Oldbloke and DCBassman like this.
  12. gavroche

gavroche Getting old but not past it

I don't think it will be a blockbuster so should soon be available on Netflix.

Last edited: 13 Oct 2017
  13. Alan Frame

Alan Frame Gnu

I'm not so much a MAMIL as a SOD IT.

Silly Old Duffer In Trainers.

14. Ajax Bay

Ajax Bay Über Member

Are you suggesting that that 'certain attitude' is a bad one? Surely confidence and experience are both 'good things' when they inform behaviour. Or maybe (and entirely your call) you prefer to associate with guys who lack confidence and are inexperienced?

15. Read the post again. "There would be a few groups I would sooner avoid" = "I would sooner associate with this lot than a few other groups". I think he's being complimentary, but it took me a while to work out. I could be wrong.

FWIW they seem OK. I'm sure they'd all wave enthusiastically when they passed me going the other way. I would nod imperceptibly in return.

BoldonLad, Fab Foodie and Slick like this.