Man bags

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'll take a bag if I'm taking my camera out with me but that's where I usually draw the line. The bag the guy had on the TV this morning wasn't a "man bag", it was a fully fledged girls bag.

Smeggers

Up here in the North. We've been using man bags for donkeys years.

They keep your butties clean the way down't pit.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Man bags are inexcusible, end of.

If you can't stuff it in your pockets, use a carrier bag.
Preferably one with ripped handles and an oil mark on the side :biggrin:

Camera bags, gym bags. fishing bags etc are a completely different issue and are absolutely acceptable :ohmy: :biggrin:

Smeggers

Variation on a theme.....

In our gym, theres quite a few "pretty boys" who use the carrier bags of posh mens clothing shops (Top Shop etc. :o)

Thats just downright wrong I personally think.

Smeggers

ivancarlos said:
Do supermarket carrier bags count in which case I've been using man bags for years albeit disposable ones :ohmy:

Only if you use it to put the kids to bed in at night as well.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Quite a few where I work, they do look a bit ginger beer....

I go for one of those drawstring bags (Cycle London one in fact, ToB 2006) if I'm carrying my clutter......

wafflycat

Smeggers said:
Variation on a theme.....

In our gym, theres quite a few "pretty boys" who use the carrier bags of posh mens clothing shops (Top Shop etc. :o)

Thats just downright wrong I personally think.

Top Shop is posh? Good grief! Standards have slipped! :biggrin:

Big Bren

I brazenly carry a rather spiffy brown leather one from Gap; it replaces a briefcase when I'm on my travels for work and is an old and familiar friend. It's capacious enough for a laptop, loads of papers and a sarnie box.

Some of you must have a very fragile sense of your own masculinity if it can be challenged by the use of a certain type of bag. Not to mention the patent ridiculousness of a group of men who wear lycra tights and shave their legs, mocking the man-bag as an effeminate affectation!

Bren

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Man bags.
Aload of rubbish. Its just a guy wanting a handbag, but wants it to be more manly.
Whats wrong with a back-pack?
Top-man is posh, have you seen the price for a pair of jeans, and the people who shop there?

wafflycat

Top Man.. posh! Good grief. Standards have most definitely fallen.:ohmy: Top Shop/Top Man were always the err... cheap fashion end of the high street retailers back in the 80s. Cheap & cheerful. :biggrin:

Top Bottom