man boobs - moobs - how to get rid of them ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cycling fisherman

OK the story so far in brief...

I was 21 and a half stone in May i'm now down to 18 Stone through sheer hard work on the bike.

My legs are taking shape nicely as you would expect...

However my upper body needs toning...

My moobs/man boobs have reduced but i have to get the fat reduced from my chest area (it's doing my head in)

My bmi at the moment is 32.5 and i would like to get that down to at least 26.5 (15 stone) then maybe see where i go from there...

I refuse to take tablets or go under the knife i will do this the hard way and i will succeed.

Do any other members have similar experience with moobs ? :blush:

Press ups are always a fave for upper body toning
From not being able to do 1 i'm now upto 70 in one go (on a good day)

Bodhbh

Guru
Swimming good for a bit of bulk up top. Get get a cheap set of York weights from Argos or somesuch, comes with some recommened exercises and advice about reps sets etc. One thing with doing weights at home, read up about correct breathing etc., I didn't and gave myself a hernia (which made me stop it and take up cycling instead, I think a far better use of time, so worked out okay). Might be some loose skin tho which is takign it's time to shift? Can take a few months to disappear after the weight.

yenrod

Just keep going on the weight reduction - which will come.

I see fat like free fuel: which basically means you dont have to eat as much = saving money :biggrin:

kikzen

its excess fat.

if you work the chest muscles underneath it wont strictly get rid (but may look better).

the only way is to burn all the fat off. how?
cardio and good eating. get running, get a good cookbook, cut out the crap. takes time, but its good stuff!

Globalti

Legendary Member
You don't tell us your age. As you get into your 40s and 50s the levels of testosterone decline and your body is more inclined to store fat than build muscle, hence the arrival of the boobies. I am 52, 6' tall and I weigh 71 kgs yet I have got quite flabby lumps where I used to have pectoral muscle.

Jonathan M

Some blokes suffer a condition called gynaecomastia - basically man boobs, but not always related to being overweight. I've had man boobs of one size or another since teenage years, and even when I weighed 12 stone and was 28 years old 9the lightest & fittest I ever was) I still had "moobs". I've just learned to get on with it really. Not impacted massively on my life.
You've got lots more weight that you can shed, so you may find that your situation improves along with weight loss.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I'm not sure about doing lots of pressups. These would make your pecs bigger that may make your moobs bigger. When I did lots of pressups my right pec got considerably bigger than my left as I favoured my right arm. I would concentrate on losing weight for the time being.

Hont

Guru
Pressups will make your pecs bigger, but it will be muscle not fat. As long as you get rid of the fat at the same time then you'll have tight pecs, not flabby moobs.

A big part is genetics, though, some people have them, some don't.

Top Bottom