man boobs - moobs - how to get rid of them ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimboalee

Contrary to popular belief, it is not possible to isolate a body area for fat reduction ( unless you go for Liposuction ). The adipose layer reduces uniformally. To reduce the adipose layer, it's simply a case of exercising more than you eat.

Weight training through increased resistance exercises help firm up the musculature.

Get to a running shop

I tried to but I couldn't keep up with it. Must be the recession.

Hont

Guru
Ben M said:
go on, how will having a more muscle on your chest reduce the amount of moob-causing fat on your chest? xx(

I saw a recent report (if I can find it I'll post a link) that suggests that having larger muscles increases a person's metabolism. So ironically having more muscle on your chest might actually reduce some of the fat there too.

AWG

The shoe I mentioned is "Adidas Bounce" Article number 600001. My son bought me a pair Christmas 2007. I have jogged the Fuerteventura "dust trails" with lots of fairly sharp lava rubble over 5 weeks in total, about 50 minutes a session, plus 3 or 4 times a week around home around 25/30 minutes a session. The original pair which I believe he paid £80 for are still fit to jog in although I bought another pair online at around £35 last year.

I can only warn against cheap trainers such as Lidl Thursday bargains and like. They are deadly for your feet in almost any capacity.

Of course jogging is not for everyone. I just happen to very very lucky pushing on 60 that my body can stand and continually recover from this.

Jim_Noir

Agree with the jogger here, get good running shoes (if you are going to run) and it's all about food, bread is a bad one for fat around the tummy and chest. Read Patrick Holfords nutrition bible and his GI diet plans. One of the best books I have read is "The Fighters body: an owners manual" as it really goes into the fact a "fat" person and be a hell of a lot fitter than a thin person etc.

plank

I agree with all the people who say swimming, better for you than running I think. Don't worry about wearing swimming trunks in public and wear goggles.

earth

jimboalee said:
Contrary to popular belief, it is not possible to isolate a body area for fat reduction

Why then is it that I have very little fat on my legs - I can feel the skin is paper thin, yet I have to ride 100+ miles a week to shift any of the lard from around my stomach?

jimboalee

earth said:
Why then is it that I have very little fat on my legs - I can feel the skin is paper thin, yet I have to ride 100+ miles a week to shift any of the lard from around my stomach?

If you embark on a long term fat loss programme, with a personal trainer taking skinfold measurements at all of the nine sites on the body, you will notice the skinfolds reduce at the same percentage rate.

I have wafer-thin skinfolds on my legs, but a 22mm suprailiac. No matter how many crunches and obliques I do, the skinfold on my leg reduces at the same percentage rate as my suprailiac.

plank

Yes thats exactly what I mean :biggrin:

haha no just lots of people who think they are fat wont go swimming because they are worried about wearing swimming trunks. Its worth not worrying about it and go swimming!

Jim_Noir

:thumbsup:

I tried to improve my swiming so I could do a trriathlon. I was shocked to see that there are no baywatch beauties at the local pool. Took yoga up instead :eek:

ASC1951

Guru
earth said:
Because that's what your DNA determines.

You can deposit fat and remove it by variations in diet and exercise, but where it is laid down or removed from is controlled by your genes. That isn't the same place for everyone, but you are stuck with what it is for you.

Muscle is different, because you can build that up locally by exercise. That may give the appearance of losing fat from a targeted location, but it isn't: you are just changing the underlying muscle mass, as jimboalee says, and often changing posture as well.

Top Bottom