Man Down!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
dang, that hip stuff lingers be careful and heal up. GWS

johnnyb47

Guru
Ouch. I'm glad that your ok, apart from feeling a little worse for ware. Some of our roads are in an appalling state nowadays. I find riding my road bike is quite dangerous sometimes on our pot holed ridden roads. Take it easy buddy and wish you a speedy recovery.

Cp40Carl

Über Member
Take a photograph of the pothole (with an object as a reference point, e.g. ruler or coin to demonstrate scale) and submit with photograph to local Council along with evidence of medical injury (report, note from doctor or suchlike) and invite view on settlement. Alternatively, seek legal advice from a solicitor, first consultation often free.

(More importantly, hope you get better soon).

Daddy Pig

Veteran
Get well soon! Make sure you do plenty of stretches on your back muscles when your able to. Damaged muscles can take years to recover if not! It took mine 15 years following an accident with no physio!
To survive the Devon roads near where I live you need a full sus mtb! It seems that there is no money for pot hole repairs anymore...

OP
OP
Tenacious Sloth
Take a photograph of the pothole (with an object as a reference point, e.g. ruler or coin to demonstrate scale) and submit with photograph to local Council along with evidence of medical injury (report, note from doctor or suchlike) and invite view on settlement. Alternatively, seek legal advice from a solicitor, first consultation often free.

(More importantly, hope you get better soon).

Thanks for the GWS sentiment, but I'll give the compo claim a miss. Maybe the council will then have some extra money to fix potholes.

I should have paid more attention to the conditions - just as much my fault as theirs.

Graham

irw

Quadricyclist
Thanks for the GWS sentiment, but I'll give the compo claim a miss. Maybe the council will then have some extra money to fix potholes.

I should have paid more attention to the conditions - just as much my fault as theirs.

Graham

Hmmm...maybe you could do a claim, then use the payout to employ a firm to fix some potholes? They may actually get done then! :wacko:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!

Graham
GWS, Graham!

Funnily enough, at about the same time you hit your submerged pothole I was explaining to an inexperienced cyclist why it wasn't a great idea to fly down a hill into a deep puddle in a dip at the bottom of the hill. I told her that there could be potholes hiding in there but she didn't seem convinced that there was much of a risk.

I rode into a puddle once which DID have a pothole at the bottom of it and as a result experienced painful collisions between my knees, testicles and various bike parts! The stupid thing was that I had noticed the pothole the day before in the dry and had told myself to watch out for it but I got distracted by traffic as I approached the nearby junction.

OP
OP
Tenacious Sloth
I'm starting to get a bit pissed off with how long it's taking to get back on the bike.

Am now able to walk without crutches - but it's still a bit of a 'comedy walk' to be honest.

The worst injury is the bruised ribs though. Makes it impossible to get a good night's sleep..

I'm not back at work until Thursday and the weather is perfect for getting a few long rides in.:cry:

Thank God for Test Match Special.

Graham

the stupid one

Über Member
The worst injury is the bruised ribs though. Makes it impossible to get a good night's sleep.

I fell (not cycling) four weeks ago and bruised or cracked a rib or two. And you're right, the pain moving around in bed or getting up was almost as bad as the post-op pain I had from a hernia repair. I couldn't take a deep breath for over two weeks, and sneezing only became painless last week. You'll be getting over it soon though - patience! Fingers crossed for another warm and settled autumn.

Top Bottom