Man Ute sacked David Moyes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
My faith on him run out this weekend.

The players must take huge responsibility in the failure so far. I feel that some players relaxed in a way they couldn't do with SAF. Something we see frequently in other clubs when players sense they could influence the sacking of a manager. The chances of players doing that to SAF were next to zero so it was either perform or out.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
already being discussed in the Football thread.

ASC1951

Guru
I'm not that interested in football, but I did think this was a thought-provoking perspective on what's happened to Moyes and to the game in general:http://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ugly-side-beautiful-game-precarious-workplace
I think he is quite wrong. Professional sport has always treated coaches and players like that, certainly football - and my memory of the game goes back to the George Eastman/Jimmy Hill era with the battles about maximum wages and refusal of transfers. Stern's a management journalist making a political point for the Guardian.

AndyRM

XOXO
Thought provoking? Reads more like a hypocritical barrage of sentimental nonsense to me.

As for Moyes, he has been royally f*cked by Fergie. I suspect he will end up repairing his reputation in the lower leagues of England, or perhaps join a club in Scotland. With £10 million in the bank I don't think he'll be rushing to make a decision.

cuberider

Über Member
I'm sympathetic towards Moyes. You can't build a world beating team in 10 months. The team he inherited was relatively poor, and United have made themselves a mockery with this short sighted decision.

AndyRM

XOXO
Just because a sport has always treated its employees badly doesn't make it right though.

Moyes hasn't been treated badly though.

He will have been given clear objectives which he has obviously failed to meet and so has been sacked for poor performance. And made an even wealthier man in the process.

I like Moyes and think he's a good manager, but it's quite clear that Fergie has essentially turned him into a scape-goat for a poor team. An unsurprising stroke of genius from one of football's master manipulators.

Last edited:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Sooooooooo much rubbish getting talked on 5Live about Moyes etc... conjecture and speculation all along... grrr... anyways, I've turned it off. However, let me add to the speculation :thumbsup:...the idea that made most sense was... Pardew gets the boot at the Toon, and Moyes takes over :smile:

Top Bottom