Man Ute sacked David Moyes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Bl0o3Q4CIAAgzPY.jpg

Chromatic

Legendary Member
There is a very strong correlation between the total wage bill and league position, which is hardly a surprise.

Not at QPR there isn't.

Nor Leeds United.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Not at QPR there isn't.
I remember after one defeat earlier this season reading that Joey Barton's salary exceeded that of the entire opposing team put together, plus the management team and ground staff for good measure.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
Louis Mascarpone di Tagleatelli is hotly tipped to take over from Moyes at The Theatre of Dreams by many.

However a report in the Daily B@ll@CK$ suggests otherwise, stating that he is simply Pasta his best.

MarkF

Guru
I remember after one defeat earlier this season reading that Joey Barton's salary exceeded that of the entire opposing team put together, plus the management team and ground staff for good measure.

I read this week that QPR's squad was paid far more than that of Atletico Madrid! :laugh:

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
No, at most he has walked away with 20% of it - and if I was taking on a job from which I knew I would eventually be sacked, I would want some compensation when the sack came.
In fact there is good statistical evidence that very few managers make any difference at all to a club's success. There is a very strong correlation between the total wage bill and league position, which is hardly a surprise.
This is the "Wage Bill" table - :smile:

# Club 2014-15 Wages (In £) 2013-14 Wages

1 Manchester City 234M 220 M
2 Chelsea 205M 190M
3 Manchester United 184M 176M
4 Arsenal 167M 160M
5 Liverpool 135M 129M
6 Tottenham Hotspur 98M 96M
7 Aston villa 75M 75M
8 New Castle United 74M 70M
9 Sunderland 73M 69M
10 Everton 69M 66M

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
As a non- football fan, it amazes me that football managers can never lose. If they are good, they get loads of money and if they are bad, they also get loads of money. I want to be one in my next life.

AndyRM

XOXO
QPR's wages are £68 million, higher than Dortmund, who were in last years Champions League final.

Have more current stats been released? I read that (un-cited) claim on The Express website.

Going off these 2012/13 stats (the most accurate I've found), that's not the case: http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/10709445/sportingintelligence-global-salary-survey-espn-magazine

Can't say I'm surprised by any of the teams which feature in that Top 10. At some point, surely, all this has to come crashing down?

Back on Moyes, he's come out and thanked Fergie for his opportunity. That must have been fun and not said through gritted teeth at all... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27129396.

Top Bottom