Managed an 18 mile ride on Sunday.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
Not a massive achievement I realise but a good result for me. I have been cycling all my life on and off, mostly as a cheap form of transport. Recently I have taken it up again because I want to lose some weight and get fit. I've just hit 40 and realised that I am not immortal and that unbeknownst to me one actualy has to take care of ones body if one wants it to be able to do anything. I mean really who knew.
It is my aim to up the miles a bit and to increase the frequemcy with which I go out on them. For now I'd be happy for a while doing a couple of 18-20 mile trips a week and get used to that. I'm currently about 19 and a half stone (and falling) and I don't mind telling you that I was pretty tired for the rest of Sunday but by Monday felt pretty good. No real point to my post other than to share my monumental acheivement with you all. I know that to some of you out there 20 miles is easy but I've certainly never seen anyone ever belittling anyones efforts no matter how they compare which I have to say is very encouraging and nice of you all.
Well that's it really. I'll keep you up to date with any major improvements in health or performance. It has really got me thinking about exactly what sort of bike I want to get though. My Python hybrid (rigid) is very good but more of a town bike than one for these huge vetures I'm embarking on but that's for another thread.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Well done on the 18 miler. I restarted cycling a few years ago well over weight and very unfit. My first 3 mile ride left me drenched in sweat and barely able to talk. If you keep it up and eat sensibly the weight will come off and you will get fitter quicker than you might think at the moment.

Its normal to feel washed out the day after a big effort,you need to rest in between rides or you will just become permanently tired ,you will start recovering quicker as your body adapts.

Good Luck

lavoisier

Winter is Coming!
Fantastic achievement! Last week I did my first 21 miler so I guess we're about at the same development stage.

Very satisfying isn't it? Keep it up.

Paul :thumbsup:

Top Bottom