management lurking..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sickboyblue

I've just had a cryptic 'heads up' that managment maybe lurking on our facebook pages. Presumably to see if we've said anything derogatory about work.
As I've set my profile to be seen by friends only, if they were to see anything they would have to use a friends profile ( i have a couple of the office staff on my friends list). Where would I stand if manangment were to pull me over anything on my wall?
This on top of trackers on all vehicles, all calls in/out of office are recorded and the camera and microphones on our pda's can be acvitated remotely.

Last edited:

Davidc

Guru
Badly.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Many companies tend to treat it very harshly with very large inconsistencies.

It is hard to say what would happen as it would depend on the nature of it and what the company's social media, computer and internet policy is, if it is part of a handbook for your staff, if you have signed that handbook and if not part of the handbook if there has been a consultation on it or not. Most of the depends points would likely hinge on an appeal or employment tribunal, as companies will in my experience simply ignore the subtleties of what the law, contracts and policies say.

classic33

Leg End Member
Big brother is watching you ...
How do I watch myself and why do I need to?

Top Bottom