management lurking..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I've just had a cryptic 'heads up' that managment maybe lurking on our facebook pages. Presumably to see if we've said anything derogatory about work.
As I've set my profile to be seen by friends only, if they were to see anything they would have to use a friends profile ( i have a couple of the office staff on my friends list). Where would I stand if manangment were to pull me over anything on my wall?
This on top of trackers on all vehicles, all calls in/out of office are recorded and the camera and microphones on our pda's can be acvitated remotely.

Really? Clever bastards!

Saluki

World class procrastinator
This on top of trackers on all vehicles, all calls in/out of office are recorded and the camera and microphones on our pda's can be acvitated remotely.
Is this so they can lug in to your private conversations? :ohmy:
Have you considered getting another job?

Lance Jack

Über Member
I have two jobs and both are getting funny about Facebook. I don't write anything about work that would cause problems, that could be read the wrong way. However, on my facebook and my friends facebook is a snitch, somebody we all have in common (who we cant figure who) who reports what is said about work. When we found out it was going on I altered my security settings and deleted any posts and pictures that could be read and seen the wrong way.
Tidy up your facebook and watch what you write.

OP
OP
sickboyblue

sickboyblue

Just removed my 'workplace'. Boss let slip he's been looking at mine and another lad's wall.. we both had our employer's name as our workplace. Hopefully this will stop him snooping.

MarkF

Guru
I

I couldn't live like that, it's inhuman, what have the staff done to have to endure this culture of suspicion that sees them under constant surveillance? Whatever the money is, I'd rather clean bogs on the MW and be free.

Good luck with FB thing, hope they don't have their own in-house gulag!

pplpilot

Guru
When i read about stuff like this i find it hard to imagine companies behave in such ways. We have absolutely zero restrictions on internet use ( the obvious filth although not blocked would be unwise) our company policy is to cut people some slack and treat people as adults then they act as adults and give a little back, and it works, no body takes the piss. We are not a small outfit either with over 350 staff onsite.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I couldn't live like that, it's inhuman, what have the staff done to have to endure this culture of suspicion that sees them under constant surveillance? Whatever the money is, I'd rather clean bogs on the MW and be free.

Good luck with FB thing, hope they don't have their own in-house gulag!
That sort of stuff is pretty standard in say document management/storage companies working for city legal firms.

OP
OP
sickboyblue

sickboyblue

That sort of stuff is pretty standard in say document management/storage companies working for city legal firms.
I work in confidential data destruction.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I work in confidential data destruction.
The folk I know in that game are cool with the surveillance as they feel it covers them if a client makes an allegation that things have leaded/gone astray/ended up in the wrong people's hands.

As to the facebook stuff; increasingly common way to manage reputational risk, which in that line of work is beyond price.

I've recently changed my profile name as don't want what I say in here being linked to my job by 3rd parties.

Top Bottom